• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for a garage door opener

My busted tonight

Anyone here install???

Would like one with an app for remote capabilities

Located in north DFW

Define busted? Gears can be changed. I replaced the gears in one of mine for like $20 several years ago. Now I put a little lithium grease on them yearly. 1 has been going 25 years.

Comment

Liftmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
        Define busted? Gears can be changed. I replaced the gears in one of mine for like $20 several years ago. Now I put a little lithium grease on them yearly. 1 has been going 25 years.

Yes external top sprocket snapped off….it comes out of the top of the box to spin the chain

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
          Yes external top sprocket snapped off….it comes out of the top of the box to spin the chain
          Did it break the shaft?

Comment

Yes

Comment

My mother in law needed a new garage door...got her the chamberlain. That thing is whisper quiet. I believe the company that installed it was Family Christian Doors....

Chamberlain B4613T Smart Battery Backup-myQ Smartphone Controlled-Ultra Quiet, Strong Belt Drive and MAX Lifting Power, Wireless Keypad Included, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B2MZVVP..._JvjTj7D3Gpowj

Comment

Go to the LiftMaster website and look up model 87504-267. It has all the latest features, and is likely what you are looking for.

Then contact Taylor Overhead Door Services, and call Tim Taylor (yep, same name as the TV show guy) at 1-877-558-3656. Very professional and knowledgeable, and also competitive pricing. Tim installed this opener for me a few weeks ago. Give him a call, good luck.

Comment

Liftmaster,, jack shaft opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                    Liftmaster,, jack shaft opener.
                    X2

Comment

Most have the same internals.. I just fixed my ol craftsman a few years ago and it was the same guys as genie, liftmaster, I learned

Comment

If you already have one installed, you can replace it. Its a couple nuts and bolts. You can use all the same wires. I didnt pay extra for the wifi one. Most come with a keypad so if someone needs in, you can give them the code. Mine has battery back up so the door can still be opened if the power is out.

Comment

My grandparents have a sears brand that has to be 50yrs old. Sounds like a bulldozer pushing rocks. That's the one I would get!!

I'm sure any of the newer brands work well. I would suggest while replacing the unit. Clean and lube the tracks. Also make sure the coil spring is in good working order. Relieve any stress added to opening and closing the door. Should be a smooth up and down motion.

Comment

Come on Jeff! Install that sucker yourself. You don't even need a ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              My mother in law needed a new garage door...got her the chamberlain. That thing is whisper quiet. I believe the company that installed it was Family Christian Doors....

Chamberlain B4613T Smart Battery Backup-myQ Smartphone Controlled-Ultra Quiet, Strong Belt Drive and MAX Lifting Power, Wireless Keypad Included, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B2MZVVP..._JvjTj7D3Gpowj
                              x2 on the Chamberlain. Freedom Doors 817-229-7516

Comment

Working...
                              X