No announcement yet.

New Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering how you paid $750 per trip to your Mills County place for the various reasons above I'd say you're overpaying for that one.

For one spot per 500 acres with a group made up of mostly family and friends, and close to the house to boot, I'd be writing the check asap for the new place.

Comment

Sounds like they need to open up more spots - I am on 6500 acres with 15 guns and pay $2k/year. No camp house and everyone has a camper. There is electric but no water. I can bring immediate family all year round and guests shoot deer off of my allotment. I take care of my own feed and equipment. For $5k, I would expect to be able to at least have a camp house with full utilities.

Comment

That’s 10$ an acre seems little high for that area in my opinion but the place might be honey hole

Comment

I have a nice 2010 5th wheel I'd sell ya pretty cheap.

Comment

the more people pay prices like this, the more landowners will start to charge everyone else this kind of money. I personally would not. Thats way overpriced for a best being 140's potential. No Mule deer. I like taking family but that has to be limited IMO so that people with 4 wild haired kids arent driving sxs's around during midday between hunts. I'd say $3000 would be the highest id even consider for a 1 buck county.

Comment

I break every lease I consider down into cost per acre and acres per hunter as part of my evaluation. If I'm interpreting the info here correctly, this lease is $10.00 per acre and 500 acres per hunter. No idea what the topography is but that seems like a very good price per acre and a very good allocation of acres per hunter, especially within that distance of DFW area.

If it's affordable for and you can confirm the hunting is good, I would jump all over that. Personally, I prefer a landowner like that vs those charging more than twice as much per acre but putting more hunters on the property than the land can actually support.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                I break every lease I consider down into cost per acre and acres per hunter as part of my evaluation. If I'm interpreting the info here correctly, this lease is $10.00 per acre and 500 acres per hunter. No idea what the topography is but that seems like a very good price per acre and a very good allocation of acres per hunter, especially within that distance of DFW area.

If it's affordable for and you can confirm the hunting is good, I would jump all over that. Personally, I prefer a landowner like that vs those charging more than twice as much per acre but putting more hunters on the property than the land can actually support.
                X2!! Too many landowners(and lease bosses) put 2-3X the hunters the place can handle to grow quality mature deer.

Comment

Spending the time with your daughter is priceless. I would write the check and find a camper.

Comment

Since it a 1 buck County can you use your kids license [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The unlimited guest deal would be a no for me. I'm currently looking for a new lease because of this.. The lease boss brings 3 or 4 people at a time and there's only 4 of us on the lease .
                      I'm not paying a bunch of money for someone else to hunt..

Comment

Not me

Comment

Might be good if it was mld.

Comment

Not me. 5k can get you alot more elsewhere. Id say patiently look for a 2k lease with accommodations in place and use the difference to do a family vacation somewhere. If you don't find something before 2022 season then just go on an outfitted hunt.

Comment

Working...
                            X