No announcement yet.

Water well question...of sorts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need two pipe wrenches just stop by and get them.

Comment

Plumbers Goop - I had a hose bib for my washer with a leak. I coated that sucker with a blob of Plumbers Goop and didn't have to touch it again until 10yrs later when I sold the house.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and put a screw union or Ball valve with with unions on each side that’s replaceable.

Comment

Blue monster tape

Comment

As others have said. Cut on the bottom side of the gate valve. Un-thread the valve from both sides. Clean up the threads. Use blue monster thread tape or a good thread sealant compound like Rectr-Seal T Plus 2. Thread the valve back onto the male adapters. Use a union to repair the cut.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and be careful to not over tighten the PVC male adapters. They are easy to break.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Post pics when done if you don’t mind. Interested in the turn out.

Comment

Fish4food, here ya go.

I tripped the breakers for the well pump & booster pump and opened a hose bib to drain the bladder tank. After it went to zero pressure, I still had a steady stream of water coming out.

then it dawned on me... the storage tank is open and water is coming due to natural water pressure. So, once I cut off the storage tank, I was ready to operate.

I ended up cutting both sides so I could undo the cut off valve and clean up threads etc. I used some pipe paste on the threads and put everything back together( more tighter). Put the couplings on and put it all back together.
                  So far no leaks. It ain't pretty, but it seems to work. On to the retirement house.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Working...
                    X