2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Had a good hunt on the coast today. Didn't see but about 30 birds,but got six in range.

Nice hunt David!

Comment

Congrats to all today.

Comment

Hows hunting pressure been this year? Are there still alot of hunters out like last year or has it got back to precovid days?

Comment

We had 8 Greenwings on Sunday. Had a couple groups come in. Only other birds we saw were three woodducks. All in the first thirty minutes, then nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
            Hows hunting pressure been this year? Are there still alot of hunters out like last year or has it got back to precovid days?
            In my area, pressure has dropped off some,but it is because the hunting or should I say killing has been so poor overall.

Comment

30, 48, & 36in the last 3 days. Mostly mallards and a few bonus geese in the piles. Need more rain, but looks like we might get another good shot later this week.

I think our rivers are too low for this year to finish very consistently unless we get some major rain events. No water in the woods isn’t good, but it happens!

A bad/dry season or two wouldn’t hurt my feelings because maybe some of these folks would go home and give the ducks a break.

Comment

Has anyone seen a gadwall with colors on its head like this one?

Comment

Yep, just a mature bull gadwall.

Got one mounted like that and we kill some of them every year just like it. Some can also get white or black rings around their neck in addition to that.

Comment

Pretty bird right there.

Comment

Looking good! I am heading out in the morning. Got 2 spoonies and 1 goldeneye so far this year.

Comment

Another tough one around Winnie. 1 Shot ,1 duck! Still better than anything else I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Another tough one around Winnie. 1 Shot ,1 duck! Still better than anything else I know of.

Trout are biting good. [emoji23]

Comment

Looks like weather in the Dakotas/Montana/Canada area is going to finally get cold enough, starting tomorrow night into the following 7 days, to maybe move some birds. How far south who knows but at least its south.

-Pierre, SD is showing a few days with highs in the 20's and lows in the single digits/teens
                            -Bismarck, ND is showing only 2 days above the 25 degree mark with almost every day having lows in the single digits or negatives
                            -Roundup, MT gets above freezing a few hours on 3-4 days with lows in the teens/single digits

Comment

Fog helped this morning. Felt like Teal season.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Looks like weather in the Dakotas/Montana/Canada area is going to finally get cold enough, starting tomorrow night into the following 7 days, to maybe move some birds. How far south who knows but at least its south.

-Pierre, SD is showing a few days with highs in the 20's and lows in the single digits/teens
                                -Bismarck, ND is showing only 2 days above the 25 degree mark with almost every day having lows in the single digits or negatives
                                -Roundup, MT gets above freezing a few hours on 3-4 days with lows in the teens/single digits
                                Ill take it but we need about a solid month of this all the way down into Kansas. 7 days is just enough time for them to eat and rest up before flying back north if it warms back up

Comment

Working...
                                X