Hagerman Segment C Thread

Originally posted by ceg0106 View Post

Here is mine! Super fun hunt. Can’t wait to go again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a cool buck! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            Saw pics of a Big 6 posted on another site.
            What site?

Comment

Super cool deer

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                What site?
                It’s was on a Facebook public hunting page. Posted here now.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
                  Assuming only texasbowhunter members get picked for the Hagerman hunt?
                  Only an idiot would ASSume that. Ever hunted Hagerman? If you have, you'd understand my original post.

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
                  Yes I know I was being sarcastic with the other post. Hence the question mark.
                  Why be sarcastic? I asked a legitimate question figuring someone else may have seen or encountered the "stalker" as that type of hunting at Hagerman is highly discouraged, but some idiots try and to it anyway without regards to other's trying hunting an area.

Comment

My experience

I saw a 10 point at 7am on Friday morning but I had to study him too long to decide if he was legal. I actually drew on him broadside at 20 yards and when he looked at me, I knew he was easily 15" but then decided he was not the deer that made the ginormous rub I was hunting over (see below). Also his tines were short and he looked like a 3 year old to me.
                    Soon after, a 4 point went by me as well, then in the afternoon I saw a nontypical buck at 45 yards but he never looked my way so I don't know what his spread was.
                    Saturday just before noon I saw a young 6 point at 40 yards. He stopped and looked away from me to the sound of two deer running through the brush I couldn't see. Saturday just before dark, and armadillo went under me making so much noise I didn't hear the buck behind him until he was 15 yards away. Thankfully, he was just a spike!
                    This was a hard hunt because of the weather. Who would have thunk that it would be 80 in December??

Congrats to those who did get a deer and especially those who got one late Sunday!! (I know who )
                    Thursday check in
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211202_081255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24670319

Hide eBike with burlap

Name:	20211205_145858.jpg
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	24670320

Sniper hole

Name:	20211203_085800.jpg
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	24670321

Obligatory Selfie

Name:	20211203_110614.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	24670322

Sunset

Name:	20211203_172313.jpg
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	24670323

WHY I AM HERE!! 5" Cedar tree

Name:	20211205_145629.jpg
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	24670324

Comment

Special Thanks too

For those that don't know, I am a woman hunter.
                      I hunted Hagerman by myself. Only, I wasn't alone. I was with lots of wonderful guys that I met and I wanted to say thank you to:

Rifle, Enoch - my husband. Without him I couldn't have done it. He set up my tree lock-on on Thursday and went home to Tyler, and came back on Sunday evening to take it all down. He is my rock.

Buccaneer - Doug Frucchi. And his son Mason. They parked in the same area, helped me get the eBike under the fence both morning and night, and checked on me and texted lots of encouragement. We became good friends.

rch - Roger Heald. Although he hunted a different area, he checked on me throughout the days and offered to help in anyway. He made sure I was in my stand safely and back to my truck safely before leaving every night.

Brad Hunt - not on TBH yet, but hopefully he will be soon! He was also helpful with texts and suggestions.

This is me and my sister in the background (Dusty Britches) at a different ranch.

Name:	20211121_152737.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	24670326

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                          Only an idiot would ASSume that. Ever hunted Hagerman? If you have, you'd understand my original post.

Why be sarcastic? I asked a legitimate question figuring someone else may have seen or encountered the "stalker" as that type of hunting at Hagerman is highly discouraged, but some idiots try and to it anyway without regards to other's trying hunting an area.
                          "Who was doing the spot and stalk in Big Mineral?"

Yep that was my whole point. The way you came across in that post was that it was a member. I'll just get my idiot self back to work now. Lol!!

Comment

Congratulations to all that got drawn!

Question on the e-bike situation..

Obviously they allowed them, did they allow the thumb throttle? Or just peddle assistance?

These things are a great tool in certain situations, but I’ve had 2 years with them on other properties and have a bad taste in my mouth over them

Wondering what their final say way?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Congratulations to all that got drawn!

Question on the e-bike situation..

Obviously they allowed them, did they allow the thumb throttle? Or just peddle assistance?

These things are a great tool in certain situations, but I’ve had 2 years with them on other properties and have a bad taste in my mouth over them

Wondering what their final say way?
                              It doesn't matter. Either one is fine.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

So they allowed an electric mopeds?

Soooo I can take a golf cart and Fred Flintstone it every so often and I’m good to go?

Comment

Working...
                                X