No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment C Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyotes didn’t get him but buzzard were on him a bit and the meat was no good. GW told me I could just take the head. I’ll put a pic on here soon

Comment

Looking at 3 does and 2 fawns as I type!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a coworker that was hunting this weekend. He told me he had the same guy yesterday evening and this morning "spot and stalk" hunting. Spooked off some doe that were heading in on him. Who was doing the spot and stalk in Big Mineral?

Comment

Originally posted by ceg0106 View Post
          Found someone’s buck from a previous segment. Nice 10 point.
          Well post some pics

Originally posted by rladner View Post
          "Found someone’s buck from a previous segment. Nice 10 point. "

You in Sandy? Seg B hunter was tracking one that they never found. Tell the refuge so they can get it to him
          I thought that 24 hours after the hunt they just become part of nature, didn't know they would let you have a recovered head but that is good if they do.

Found him today!
          Post that pic too
          Congrats on the recovery

Originally posted by NelsonV View Post
          Looking at 3 does and 2 fawns as I type!!

They must have been in range at that time

Me and dad were 2 more that threw in the towel at lunch today. Enjoyed hunting H with him and hope we can get drawn again while he can still get around good.
          Met a bunch of new folks on this trip

There was a very nice (at least on his right side) buck dead on 82 about 10mi west of Bells.
          Y'all be safe going home

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
            Got a coworker that was hunting this weekend. He told me he had the same guy yesterday evening and this morning "spot and stalk" hunting. Spooked off some doe that were heading in on him. Who was doing the spot and stalk in Big Mineral?
            Assuming only texasbowhunter members get picked for the Hagerman hunt?

Comment

May have been tracking or changing a set never know.

Comment

Coyotes didn’t get him but buzzard were on him a bit and the meat was no good. GW told me I could just take the head. I’ll put a pic on here soon
                Congrats. Looking forward to the pics

Comment

Originally posted by PhillipsN View Post
                  May have been tracking or changing a set never know.
                  Nope. He talked to the guy and that's what he told him. That he was spot and stalk hunting.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw pics of a Big 6 posted on another site.

Comment

Still no pics?

Comment

I ended up sitting 30 1/2 hours and this old man is wore smooth out. I saw 13 doe/fawns today and 2 hogs. I had a really good day compared to the other two. I’ve enjoyed every hunt I have had out there but this one wasn’t quite as exciting. The weather sucked worse than usual. I appreciate the refuge for hosting this deer hunt and the hard work and early hours the staff put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
                          Assuming only texasbowhunter members get picked for the Hagerman hunt?
                          That is a HUGE negative, I would guess only max of 20% are TBH, and several of those are TBH after drawn. It's drawn by TPWD, not the refuge, and certainly not via TBH.

Comment

Hagerman is a beautiful place with a world class squirrel population. Pretty sure I spent the past three days watching the 2021 Squirrel Olympics. Hope to get drawn again and was a pleasure meeting some of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              That is a HUGE negative, I would guess only max of 20% are TBH, and several of those are TBH after drawn. It's drawn by TPWD, not the refuge, and certainly not via TBH.
                              Yes I know I was being sarcastic with the other post. Hence the question mark.

Comment

Trying to find out how to post pictures on here… will post soon

Comment

Working...
                                X