No announcement yet.

North to Michigan Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well same story as yesterday, except colder. Think the high was 34. Had a little snow early this morning. The wife and I did come in at noon for lunch, then headed back out about 2.
    I did some research and found my ground cover nemesis is called Roundleaf Greenbriar. This stuff is everywhere and if you don’t pick up your feet, it can trip you.

I guess tonight I will drown my sorrows, and think positive about tomorrow. Hope everyone who is hunting over the Thanksgiving break has good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I go the 29th through the 5th, I think next year I’m gonna go the end of bow week to 1st of gun week and still bow hunt.

Comment

Nothing, again. It was a long day sitting listening to the leaves fall. Sounded like rain. Saw 3 doe on the way out, about a half mile from where I was hunting. Maybe there is hope. Tomorrow is the last day.

At least there was a nice sunset at the cabin to end the day. Saving my Michigan bourbon one more day.

Comment

Comment

Hopefully tomorrow is the day!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
              Hopefully tomorrow is the day!
              Man I hope so, only thing not on the hit list is a fawn or young buck. id be happy with a doe, or even to see one walk by, even if out of bow range. Oh well, I know one thing, beats the hell out of being at work. This has been a great time to decompress and relax. Appreciate the encouragement!

Comment

Hang in there…good luck tomorrow!

Comment

I live and hunt in Hamilton, mi, about 45 minutes from where you are. Good luck. First week of november is best week of the season for hunting. What public land are you hunting? I hunt private and some on the Allegan State Game Area.

Comment

Originally posted by mva5142 View Post
                    I live and hunt in Hamilton, mi, about 45 minutes from where you are. Good luck. First week of november is best week of the season for hunting. What public land are you hunting? I hunt private and some on the Allegan State Game Area.

We are actually in Pullman. I’m hunting on a farm area, my friends hunt club, I guess like a lease back home. And my wife is public land across the road from the club. She’s muzzle loader hunting, the hunt club land is bow only.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, but if you’re back at camp for the sunset, you’re leaving the woods way too early. I hunt the same type of woods here as you’re hunting up there. We kill more deer in the last 20-30 minutes of daylight than any other time of day.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, hunt hard and stay positive.

Comment

Well the hunting portion of our trip is over, no deer. I guess we are a little disappointed that we didn’t kill anything, but we had a nice relaxing time in the woods.
                          To say there is some hunting pressure would be an understatement. All these orange tags are on trees going into the public land, which is across the road from where we hunted.
                          I found this beer, so I guess in honor of the great George Costanza, Happy Festivus!!
                          We are going to enjoy a good thanksgiving dinner tomorrow with friends then head back to Texas on Friday.
                          Thanks to you guys that followed along, sorry we couldn’t get any LDP’s.
                          Maybe next time!

Comment

Always next year, have a happy thanksgiving, safe travels back to Texas.

Comment

Be safe on the road!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                                Always next year, have a happy thanksgiving, safe travels back to Texas.

Thanks Sir!

Comment

Working...
                                X