Oldest son and his first buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldest son and his first buck

Just a proud dad moment, as this weekend my wife and 2 son's were invited out west with some family friends, it's the same place Brock killed his first doe and hog last year.

The fellas all made our way out Friday around lunch and got there early enough to run to stands before dark. My buddy and his son decided on "the wheatfield" and me and my two sons were going to make our way to "the hill."

We all piled on the Ranger and made our way to the stands, along the way I took a shot at some hogs moving through the cedars and missed[emoji21] I was pretty sure the sights were off on that rifle.

We got to the stand and within about 30mins had a nice 8pt and 2 doe come into view near the feeder. I checked with my buddy and got the green light for Brock to try for his first buck. I was able to record the whole thing right after the buck started walking to our right away from the feeder.

On the shot, I thought he missed, the buck didnt jump or look hit in any way. The buck moved around the back side of some brush and I told Brock to put another one in him, before he could the buck disappeared.

https://youtu.be/iKB8CyKznnI (that's my 8yo in the background talking) we definitely talked about the follow through after the shot [emoji16]

We really wanted to see if some hogs would come out for my younger son to shoot so we sat for a whole 5mins or so before I decided to walk down and see if I could find blood, because I was still pretty sure he missed.

As I walked down to where the buck was I could see the antler sticking up just behind the brush pile. I walked back and tried to get them to sit in the stand a bit but we couldn't take it and all went to get him. I recorded the recovery as well. Turns out the sights are just fine on the 7mm08, so far dad has 2 misses with it and Brock has 2 deer and hog with zero misses[emoji23]

Brock was beside himself and wouldn't have been happier if it was a 170" deer. Very cool moment for sure.

We weren't able to seal the deal on a hog for Logan, but had a great time and saw a ton of deer. Our last hunt last night we had a group of muley does at 50y in front of us for about an hour, even laying down and sleeping.

Tenderloins for dinner tonight [emoji106][emoji106]

It was pretty warm when we got there (hence the tshirts) and cooled off considerably by Saturday night.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Congrats

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Heck yea! Congrats Brock!

Oh and sweet hat

Comment

Heck yeah!!!

Comment

Congrats to him!

Comment

Good stuff. That takes me back to a time long ago.

Comment

Nice buck, congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Good stuff right there. Big congrats to y’all. Brock did good!!!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Thanks fellas

I just watched it again and realize I said "rack it Brock, put another bullet in the rack."

Comment

Yeah buddy! Priceless memories that will last a lifetime.

Comment

Good stuff right thar! Congrats to him and Dad!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X