Frustrating Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrating Hunt

Went Hunting in west Texas this weekend. Thursday night I got in to realize my hunting license had fallen out of my wallet at some point so I had to use Friday morning to go get a new license.

Saturday evening I shot at a management buck and the arrow skipped off his back leaving him uninjured.

Saturday morning I shot at a doe and flat out missed at 20 yards so I started thinking was something was wrong when a wide 6 point came out that I had been watching. so I took my time and let a solid shot fly.

To my amazement the arrow stuck him the the back leg. Fortunately it tore enough vessels and the buck went down in 70 yards.

I shot a few arrows into the bag to find out my drop away rest was ripping off fletchings and throwing the arrow out randomly.

Very frustrating hunt but it ended with success and its a good one to look back on.

Two ways you can go about it now. Buy a whisker biscuit or throw some money down on a good QAD or Hamskea. My first QAD did the same thing to me. Spent about 30% more on the HDX and haven’t had a single problem with it. Easily have 1,000 shots through it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is a good idea to shoot your bow when you get to camp...no matter how late.

Comment

what rest was it ?

Comment

The rest hit something while stalking, and its a Shaffer, Ive had it for 3 years and have put countless arrow through it and put it through tough conditions.

Comment

Lost a buck of a lifetime due to the same reason on a remote hunt in west tx using an QAD drop away. Been shooting an NAP since. No moving parts holds the arrow but doesnt touch the vanes like a whisker biscuit

Comment

Working...
            X