No announcement yet.

help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dropped all that stuff hears a go about time Digital came in and Put up ANTENNA pretty big old...We get lots (enough ) all local chanels ,about 40 in all ..some are in language I dont know...all locals plus there spin offs are all we need and like ....Fav are Justice channel11.3and Quest 11.4...Guest is new its got Modern Marvels/History /Swamp Loggers etc.. and that old antenna still great can't even figger how much monet it save me..probably 10k guess

Comment

Need a little help for my neighbor. He finally decided to stop paying $160 per month for cable and cut the cord. He installed an antenna in his attic and is now running only internet.

I'm installing Kodi on a Fire Stick TV for him. He LOVES racing, as in NASCAR, and wants to see what he can do to get that included. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
        Need a little help for my neighbor. He finally decided to stop paying $160 per month for cable and cut the cord. He installed an antenna in his attic and is now running only internet.

I'm installing Kodi on a Fire Stick TV for him. He LOVES racing, as in NASCAR, and wants to see what he can do to get that included. Any help is greatly appreciated.
        I'm using a IPTV service to get all sports and other channels. I don't watch NASCAR but it's on there. There is an addon for kodi or an apk that you can sideload on fire. It's got an epg. It's been fairly reliable but it is an IPTV service that could go away at anytime.

https://tnthosting.xyz There isn't much info on the site for obvious reasons. It's only like $5 for 3 connections without VOD. For more info on the service look up TNT hosting server in discord. They will let you use paypal but you have to go through the discord server. After 1 month they make you pay for 3 upfront.

Comment

Just cut the cable. Have Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu Live and haven't missed it. It took a couple of months of weaning off cable for my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
            Jail broke fire stick and we pay 20 a month for SET TV. If you have fast enough internet. With set tv we even get the NFL/NBA/MLB package for free! Also those PPV fights are free also.
            I have a jailbroke fire stick but tell me about this set TV?

I am currently using att uverse but my promotional pricing just expired and I'm looking to make a change.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
              I do directvNow for $35 a month and get all my local channels and really don't feel like I miss out on a thing. Use it through the DirectvNow app on a Roku.
              Did the same about a month ago and I gotta say so far I am not a fan. The apps on the Roku don’t allow direct access to shows half the time, and apparently I can’t watch certain shows on certain channels live (i.e. Preacher on AMC). And when I can watch them there's a time limit and you can’t fast forward either.

This seems more like a great way to completely quit watching television.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                I have a jailbroke fire stick but tell me about this set TV?

I am currently using att uverse but my promotional pricing just expired and I'm looking to make a change.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                SETv pulled the plug. They are being sued by everyone from Amazon to HBO.

I used them for just over 3 years, great bargain but I always wondered how they got away with what they offered. Which was basically streamed DISH/DirecTv/Season Ticket/UFC PPV etc

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                  Just cut the cable. Have Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu Live and haven't missed it. It took a couple of months of weaning off cable for my wife.
                  That's what we did over a year ago... wife still fussing..

Comment

Is there a way to use the apps on the firestick without having tv service? We cut the cord and upgraded our internet. But I can't figure out how to open up an app, such as the USA network app. It keeps asking me to sign in but I have no idea what it's asking me for. I tried to input our wifi info, but that didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                      Is there a way to use the apps on the firestick without having tv service? We cut the cord and upgraded our internet. But I can't figure out how to open up an app, such as the USA network app. It keeps asking me to sign in but I have no idea what it's asking me for. I tried to input our wifi info, but that didn't work
                      It's asking for your CABLE provider...

You need Hulu Live, Amazon Prime, Netflix or other streaming service like Direct TV etc..

Comment

Finally told dish to screw off yesterday after 11 years. Went Hulu live. Heck of a savings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                          It's asking for your CABLE provider...

You need Hulu Live, Amazon Prime, Netflix or other streaming service like Direct TV etc..
                          We have amazon prime. So logging in with that account will open up the apps?

Comment

Thinking of doing this for my mom. She watches a lot of TV but very few channels. Just wondering pros/cons of Hulu Live or DirectTV Now.

This will be a 78+ year old person using it either through a Roku or Amazon Firestick. It needs to be easy to use so my phone doesn't blow up all the time! Any recommendations?

Comment

I can't help you because I don't know. What I do know is that we thought we had internet connection that was fast enough, and it works great for most movies, but we found out that it wasn't enough for watching live sports. So make sure you have a fast enough connection first.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                                Thinking of doing this for my mom. She watches a lot of TV but very few channels. Just wondering pros/cons of Hulu Live or DirectTV Now.

This will be a 78+ year old person using it either through a Roku or Amazon Firestick. It needs to be easy to use so my phone doesn't blow up all the time! Any recommendations?
                                Get a Firetv instead of the stick. Sign up for the 7 day free trial that most of the streaming services offer and find the one you think would be best for your mom. I've had Vue for a couple of years and really like it, but I wouldn't recommend it for a 78 year old. Vue forces me to change my password often and I don't think that would be user friendly for your mom.

Comment

Working...
                                X