CHL Renewal - don't get no easier!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHL Renewal - don't get no easier!

I just renewed my CHL on line. My gosh, if I had known on line renewal was so easy, I'd done it two months ago when I got the letter.

A few clicks here, a few clicks there, submit payment! Boom! Done.

Yes Sir, very easy now, been doing it the last 3 renewals.

God Bless
    Bish

Comment

Come on Bish, you know me!

Comment

doesnt usually take too long for the new card to show up either.

Comment

Just did mine a couple months ago. Your new card gonna look different.

Comment

Yeah but you don’t need it anymore and it’s just a money grab by the state now that we have constitutional carry.

I do not really believe that however I thought I would beat somebody to the punch.😂

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
              Yeah but you don’t need it anymore and it’s just a money grab by the state now that we have constitutional carry.

I do not really believe that however I thought I would beat somebody to the punch.😂
              I would've been your huckleberry if it wasn't for the waived background checks when buying guns

Comment

I travel some across the south, so it's good to have it. Plus it's good for buying guns, and there are still some places...I have done the last two or three online.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

I do not really believe that however I thought I would beat somebody to the punch.��
                  Wrong. Where I work it is against state law to open carry. Plus a CHL provides some other legal protections when used for self defense. And, with a CHL, there's no background checks or waiting period to buy handguns or long guns.

Comment

I thought the CHL was gone and its LTC, no?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      I thought the CHL was gone and its LTC, no?
                      No.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        No.
                        Yes. No more chl. It's ltc now

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Yes. No more chl. It's ltc now
                          That's what I thought. Agree with Dusty, super easy process now.

Comment

My bad, yes, it is LTC. Whatever. It is still needed for concealed carry. It was only $40.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              My bad, yes, it is LTC. Whatever. It is still needed for concealed carry. It was only $40.
                              You got some bad info. It's legal to open and conceal carry with or without an LTC in Texas. (there are exceptions to certain places yes)

The only reasons to get an LTC are to avoid a background check when buying a gun and reciprocity with other states.

Also, I think it helps to get out of tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X