Any deer shoulder recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any deer shoulder recipes

Looking for some different slow cooked shoulder recipes besides the typical roast recipes

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

I got nothing. I either bone mine out or do the roast thing. I did do the Mississippi Pot Roast recipe on the last one and it was great. Nice change up from the regular roast thing.

Comment

I like to put a whole shoulder (with shank cut off) on the smoker and let it cook for a few hours and then wrap it tight in foil. However before wrapping I will poke some holes in the top side and cover it with a real thin homemade tomato/vinegar based BBQ sauce and let it baste under the foil for several more hours. The moisture in the thin sauce will aid in tenderness as well as flavor the meat. Done right, the meat will fall off the bone.

Comment

Put mine in a slow cooker with a can of Cambell's Golden mushroom soup. Salt, pepper and whatever other seasoning you want. Add a half can of water and cook until it falls off the bone. Remove bones, stir in about a cup of sour cream and serve over noodles or rice.

Comment

Pulled BBQ or pulled meat with a cilantro lime flavor for tacos. From those 2 you can make carnitas.

I’m with you, roast is a no go for me. Ate way too much roasts and chicken fry as a kid I can’t hardly get those 2 things down these days.

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
            Put mine in a slow cooker with a can of Cambell's Golden mushroom soup. Salt, pepper and whatever other seasoning you want. Add a half can of water and cook until it falls off the bone. Remove bones, stir in about a cup of sour cream and serve over noodles or rice.
            X2 on this. Easy, low maintenance and great taste, this will work!

Comment

I have found my favorite way is to put the shoulder in the slow cooker (sometimes I lay it on sliced onions) and dump one of the large plastic handled bottles of Pace Picante over the top. Cook on high like 2 hours then on low at least 4 more hours but 6-8 wont hurt anything. remove bones, shred and go to town.

Comment

This is good

Comment

Smoke it for 4 hours low heat 250 degrees. Put it in a pan cover with foil and cook in oven or back on pit for another 3-4 hours at 250-300 degrees. Fall of the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
                    Sounds great..shank is great in same pot too..THx i would think Insta Pot would work great too...

Comment

Sounds good! Gonna give this a try!

Comment

Working...
                      X