Epic Cooking Fails Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
    One of my family members made a pot roast in the crockpot with this bone broth!
    LOL! I don't know why this one made me laugh so hard

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      When my sister first got married, she hosted Thanksgiving at her house. Well, nobody told her you had to clean out the turkey before cooking. Came out of the oven with the neck and bag of giblets and stuff still inside the bird. It was OK though. We had homemade pineapple ice cream that she forgot to put sugar in.
      I can assure you that happens a lot. Guilty as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        I can assure you that happens a lot. Guilty as well.
        One year the company gave everyone turkeys for a bonus. I told everyone to please not toss the giblets if that was their habit and to bring them to me instead. I got about 10 bags of giblets and made the best gravy every with that at deer camp. Everyone enjoyed it and was like, "dat gut gravy was delish man"

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          My wife and I moved in together after marriage. Her parents bought me a lyfetyme grill. First thing I cooked on it was ribs. Turns out the wood in my wood pile was pine. Not a very good wood to cook with lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          i came home from work one day and found that my wife had bought one of the big fire pits from buccees. she tells me she will get the fire pit going while i run to the store and grab some steaks, we have a big stack of pecan and oak in the backyard....deal

i get back, fire is rolling, wind is blowing the smoke away from the house, get the steaks cooked and after 1 bite i ask her where she got the wood for the fire pit..."i grabbed one of the little bundles at tom thumb on the way home.." which happend to be pine

the college stories made me remember all the dale's seasoning we went through with the cheap sirloins we used to buy at brookshires lol

also, everytime we cook macaroni i remember one night being drunk in our apartment in college, playing madden, my buddy that can not eat spicy food, is making some macaroni and cheese. as the noodles are boiling and hes playing, i ran in and poured the whole jar of habanero pepper juice into the boiling water.

he sits down to eat the macaroni and says "DA**!, this SH*** SPICY!" we all laughed so hard we cried...well, he didnt.

my wife and her sister cooked the thanksgiving turkey upside down one year, it took me a minute to figure it out as i am trying every way i can think of to cut the breasts off of that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            One year the company gave everyone turkeys for a bonus. I told everyone to please not toss the giblets if that was their habit and to bring them to me instead. I got about 10 bags of giblets and made the best gravy every with that at deer camp. Everyone enjoyed it and was like, "dat gut gravy was delish man"
            I smoke 18-20 turkeys on Thanksgiving for my employees. I save the necks and giblets for……..well you guessed it…….. GUMBO!!

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
              [ATTACH]1078046[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1078047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1078048[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1078049[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1078050[/ATTACH]
              Now that is funny right there

Comment

This happened last year, I'm 52. Mom was not feeling well and dad was sick. So my youngest daughter and I went down to fill feeders and help out. I told mom if she could just peel the potatoes I will cook the steak and make the potatoes when we get back. Get back I go in the kitchen looking for the potatoes. Mom says there in the frig so I find them turn around and there was a pot with water, cool mom has it ready. Cooked the potatoes and mash them just about ready to eat. Mom comes in the kitchen to help and ask what happened to her humming bird water that was on the stove in that pot. Well we tried to eat them but that was the sweetest mash potatoes I have even tasted. Like stated above first bit not bad but after that WAY too sweet. We all had a good laugh at that one............

Comment

Lmao

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  A few years we invited a bunch a friends over for supper.
                  I decided to make Gumbolaya [emoji846]
                  Bought shrimp, Andouille(sp?) Sausage, crabmeat, Bell peppers, Onion's, Boudain, Spicy Boudain, Rice, Barley, corn & ??. Bought a big ole stock pot to make it in. Bought some clear glass bowls so we couid see what we're eating. Got it all cooked and i seasoned it with some Red Pepper & Cayenne pepper. I knew my guest didn't like spicy. I tasted it. I didn't taste any spice so I added a bit more. I let it simmer for a while so the flavors could mix and there thing. When I served it was OMG [emoji3062][emoji3062] SPICY.
                  We ended up ordering Pizza [emoji17]
                  Never heard of a Gumbolaya that sounds more like a Heinz57Laya. I know your not a *******.

Comment

Originally posted by jffb View Post
                    never heard of a gumbolaya that sounds more like a heinz57laya. I know your not a *******.
                    lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      About 99% of the people that claim gasper goo is trash fish will gladly eat red fish. A drum is a drum except a goo doesn't have as much of a blood line so give me goo fish over red fish any day.
                      About 99% of the people that claim goo is good eating can't catch a red fish. [emoji16]

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                        About 99% of the people that claim goo is good eating can't catch a red fish. [emoji16]

Now that's funny right there. And true.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post

When we would catch a lot of them we made Gou Balls. Just like Gar Balls. The trinity and Cajun seasoning can fix anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            This one time I was making chili......and I forgot the pinto beans. Totally screwed them up.. Went and got hot dogs and buns, fritos and deep fried burritos to use it up...
                            I see you misunderstood the OP. He didn't mean the one time you got it right. He's talking about the many times you blew it.

Comment

Epic Cooking Fails Anyone?

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                              Nope, stone cold sober

There are occasional admissions that should remain un-uttered, even unto death.

Taken in the context of your previous story, these 4 words should be included in that category…[emoji6]

Edited ‘cause I almost forgot the winking face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by bpa556; 01-21-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

This thread is hilarious. Good job, OP

Comment

Working...
                                X