Sleeping with fan or white noise vs Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    Likely they cased her house and she was a chosen target, with her son away and her being elderly. However if it is close to you, I would certainly be concerned at the very least.
    Agreed! I do have quite a few ARs as you suggested earlier, might figure out how to stage one of those in a good spot

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      As long as they don't steal my two box fans im good

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

This is me.

I think you are being a bit paranoid, keep the fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
        A good dog will go a long way toward warning you ahead of time, even with people outside your door or window, before they make entry.

X2 that’s why my dogs sleep inside!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          This is me.

I think you are being a bit paranoid, keep the fan.

Hard to say from this thread. He said his neighbor was broken into during the sleeping hours.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            I sleep like a rock, my wife doesn’t sleep so she just wakes me up when she hears something, plus she knows how to shoot.

We are on the same page. I don’t really fret over it though because our house is 1/4 mile back on our place and we have a security gate.
            I tell my wife that if anybody kicks our door to just unload the Glock because they climbed a gate and walked way too far to get to our door.
            The suggestion above above keeping an AR by the bed not so good, if you hesitate you may die from your own ammo.
            These home invaders don’t play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
              We are on the same page. I don’t really fret over it though because our house is 1/4 mile back on our place and we have a security gate.
              I tell my wife that if anybody kicks our door to just unload the Glock because they climbed a gate and walked way too far to get to our door.
              The suggestion above above keeping an AR by the bed not so good, if you hesitate you may die from your own ammo.
              These home invaders don’t play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              A rifle is more effective with fewer shots, and a lot easier to aim. Improper alignment with a pistol, which is a certainly a possibility when you're barely awake can lead to a miss by feet.
              To the OP, make an educated choice.
              Last edited by Brute Killer; 01-14-2022, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                I sleep like a rock, my wife doesn’t sleep so she just wakes me up when she hears something, plus she knows how to shoot.
                This

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve never been fan of a rifle for home protection. Pistol in the bedside for convenience and about 3 steps to a shotgun. I’ve also never really lived somewhere that I feared arm robbery. Most of the break ins I hear about are when nobody is home.

Comment

I usually sleep better with white noise, but refuse to, number one for security reasons and number two, I don’t want to get dependent on it - for those times when I am unable to have white noise.

Comment

Fan…and my yellow lab!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                        I usually sleep better with white noise, but refuse to, number one for security reasons and number two, I don’t want to get dependent on it - for those times when I am unable to have white noise.
                        Some of us Fat people need it to not overheat.

Comment

I have two heelers. The female patrols all night. Any BS other than normal and she’ll let you know. If he joins in, you need to pay attention!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                            I stroll right the the finest hotels with my Wal-Mart box fan.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                              Some of us Fat people need it to not overheat.
                              Right there with you brother - I just try to pick a quite fan.

Comment

A couple of peacocks
                                A herd of guinea fowl
                                Two toy yorkies
                                One rottweiler

and scrap that pistol for a Winchester model 1300 Home Defender. Loaded w/ 1 - 000 buckshot, 1- 00 buck shot, 1 - slug, Repeat.

Sleep tight.

Comment

Working...
                                X