No announcement yet.

Making fishing lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dadgum you’re getting it down brother! Gotta make some 4” baits pretty soon. I have done any big open pours yet. This 4” will be my first round. Probably gonna start simple with one color then two. Hoping to do a white ish with big black flake belly, chartreuse stripe with a black and silver flake too. Gonna try to dot it up front as well. Worlds worst makes me jealous haha. He’s an artist and you’re on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome work!

Comment

Zac a couple things I learned the hard way. Pour it on a hot plate. On the 4" keep it around 250 degrees. It will blend the layers better but not melt the dot. Pour the blood line (center color) very thin, it looks a lot better. Use a heat gun to get the bubbles out between layers. On the 6" I keep the hot plate around 325 degrees. Post a pic when your done, I'd love to see em.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          Now that's a lure that no local fish can refuse!
          A friend told me if I could catch a Texas slam on it I'd be the greatest fisherman in the world lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
            3cordTruth inspired me to do this because of the cornhole boards I made.

Kevin, I cannot State how cool that lure is. That pattern is sure to become a Lone Star among your many creations!

Comment

I spent some time in the garage today working on some new lures. I got a couple new molds I wanted to try. First is a new flat worm. I've been trying to work up a new color that's a translucent blue and I finally settled on this one.
              Attached Files

Comment

I used it to do a Sexy Shad paddle tail in a mold I made out of resin.
                Attached Files

Comment

I also made a few jerk baits.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And I made some more croakers. These are very time consuming but worth it in the end I think. I did some 6", 5" and 4". I did a jerk bait also. I pour clear plastic into the mold and dump it out, then paint the stripes, gold and silver. It creates a really cool effect.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome work Sir! If I was a fish I would take the bait! All those colors look fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                        And I made some more croakers. These are very time consuming but worth it in the end I think. I did some 6", 5" and 4". I did a jerk bait also. I pour clear plastic into the mold and dump it out, then paint the stripes, gold and silver. It creates a really cool effect.
                        The colors look very realistic, awesome job.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Once again, I come here to be amazed. And you didn't disappoint!

Comment

Made up a few of my favorite lures for reds. A take off of Chicken on a chain and a Ghost Shad. I throw these on a 4/0 swim bait hook with a 1/4oz belly weight. They're very easy to work through oysters or grass in the back lakes.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm trying something different out in the garage. I'm making a couple lipless crank baits. I wanted to try some different materials and a different weight placement method. I'm using cutting board material for the center layer and a CD for the outsides. The two lower holes have lead in them and I'll put some steel shot from a 12 gauge shell in the upper holes for the rattles. The CD on the outside should provide the flash I'm looking for. We'll see how it works.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I put the steel shot in the upper holes and epoxied on the side. It rattles pretty good. I put in the hardware and I'll paint it tomorrow. The CD gives it a lot of flash.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X