Let's raise some quail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
    Come tomorrow afternoon you’ll have a pile!
    Yep. Already up to 6 since I posted.

Comment

I put a heating pad covered with a towel in the brood box the first week or so. It will help them spread out and not pile under the lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
        I put a heating pad covered with a towel in the brood box the first week or so. It will help them spread out and not pile under the lamp.
        Good idea. I'll give that a try. Thought about trying those fancy heating plates...but $$$$$

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

Still in and watching. Good luck Chew.

Comment

Got 10 freezer fillers so far.

Comment

How many huevos did you start out with. And I mean the quail kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  How many huevos did you start out with. And I mean the quail kind.
                  60. Had a few that cracked. I guess I didn't have them set in the turning racks correctly and they fell out at full tilt

Comment

17 hatched so far

Comment

Well let's see them babies!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        Well let's see them babies!
                        Somewhere around 33-35 so far. Sorry for the rotated video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=472IGqYRFfc"]Quail Hatch Follow Up - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

This is a cool thread. I had an uncle that had a quail farm and we'd hard boil the eggs. They were great.

Comment

Chew, what was your incubator pre set at when you got it?

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                              chew, what was your incubator pre set at when you got it?

Comment

I've got 3 of them and they all were set at 100. That's probably why I get such early and drawn out hatches. I got a good thermometer and calibrated them all to 99.5 but the laying season was over. I'll see what happens this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X