Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luckiest or best shots you've ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a pig in the head at 75 yards on a dead sprint with a single shot 270. Led it like a dove [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
      Trying to make a good shot, didn’t necessarily mean to center punch the pump station.
      Not bad if you like em perfect. (Got that from your dad)

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

My little sister got a S&W M&P 15-22 and she told me she needed it sighted in today. She's starting out with just the flip up sights before she gets a scope on it. After a few adjustments I got it sighted in so we started target shootin. I sat 2 steel 9mm casings I found up on a stump and a piece of a broken clay pigeon behind them with a little piece of wood propping it up so the casings would be easier to see against the orange. We backed up to 25 yards and my first shot hit the stick holding up the piece of the clay pigeon. My 2nd shot hit the steel case on the left. The 3rd hit the one on the right. My sister and little cousin couldn't believe I hit something that small. Heck I couldn't believe it. At least not one right after the other. I made it look easy. So then it became my sisters mission to hit one. I found a steel .45 casing and sat it on the stump. She loaded up a magazine and went prone to shoot. On her 20th shot she hit it. She picked it up as a souvenir and was pretty dang proud of it.

I'd be surprised if I could ever hit two of those in a row ever again. I really don't ever burn up ammo like that on targets but that was fun. And testing herself like that will make her a better shot in the long run. She likes shooting at the bigger targets because they're easier to hit but I wasn't letting her unless she was starting to get frustrated shooting at the small targets I had set up for her. Gotta get a few hits on something to keep the confidence up. Shooting those little targets will make hitting those big ones even easier.

Comment

Took a shot in an open field at 60 yrds at a boar that was running flat out. Led him about 20ft. Pinwheeled him and he rolled. He stood back up and I sent another arrow and it went in the same hole. I had two people with me and both said if they had not seen it they never would have believed it.
          Last edited by sharkhunter; 12-26-2021, 06:00 AM.

Comment

At KERR wm A pack of 60-80#hogs at 100y one shot .I lined up a 2fer shot and got 3..with my 280..I fell dead on spot.another took a couple steps and fell dead.The third squealed and spin in circles for 30sec or so and fell over dead..

Comment

Years ago was duck hunting at Proctor Lake. It was a slow morning when 3 teal came ripping in. One shot and downed all 3 birds.

Comment

I was goose hunting with my 8 year old son, and the geese were flying really high out of range all morning. My son was getting frustrated that I wouldn't shoot at the constant flights of birds flying 100+ yards overhead. I finally had enough of his pestering me to try a shot and said "OK, I'll show you they are too high", and put a 20 yard lead on a goose and fired a round. Surprisingly, the big specklebelly tumbled out of the sky and fell by the blind. "See, I told you they weren't too far", he said.
                My plan had backfired and the pestering continued...lol.

Comment

I was probably 13 or 14 and just out messing around with my single shot 22 shooting at birds, squirrels or whatever. I saw a hummingbird zipping around and pulled up and shot it right out of the air. 46yr old me feels bad about that as I hang up feeders for them now and I don’t think young me appreciated what I had done. Lucky to the max on that shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

South Dakota doe tags and wide open country. Getting out of the truck to go stalk some does we saw feeding a few hills over. A doe jumps up out of some cattails about 300 yards away. Quartering away I’m holding in front of her shoulder from the truck hood and I squeeze. The snow instantly turns red and it looks like someone roped the back legs and she folds up. We get up there and there’s a trail of innards and intestines strung out for 30 plus yards as well as all down the back legs.
                    I had shot way low and unzipped the bottom of that deer diagonally front to back.
                    Basically, everything but the heart and lungs fell or were torn out.
                    Last edited by Txtourist; 12-26-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I stalkled and heart shot a cotton tail one day. Shooting a friends recurve with an arrow that only had part of 1 vane on it. Craziest thing ever!

Comment

One more from me- Pulled in the driveway and saw a cottontail in the front yard. I slid in the garage and grabbed my kids little recurve and one of his little arrows with a domed sheet metal tip. I “stalked” to within 20’ and let one fly as if Fred Bear himself was looking over my shoulder. Center mass on the bunny pinning it in the dirt. I walked up and it was pinwheeling around the arrow a hundred miles an hour. Just then, “that neighbor” pulls up next door and the rabbit runs toward the fence with and arrow through the middle of it, me standing there with a kids bow. I wish I would have missed that shot.

Comment

The best shot I ever made with a bow was a 34 yard shot on a doe. I was hunting a treestand and saw a big doe quickly walking a trail in the thick brush. Only having a few seconds to draw and shoot, I picked out a small 10" window in the yaupon brush and held on that hole. As she stepped past, I sent an arrow through her heart breaking both front legs in the process.

Best shot with a rifle was a 300 yard free hand shot with a .270 at a running doe with a 30 mph wind. Never would have tried it but it was the last hunt of the season and I needed to fill a tag.

Comment

Not the best, but the luckiest, and strangest. Many moons ago, when I shot I hoyt vipertec, I was hunting a cold morning on public land, and had a doe come in. I decided to take her. I had a big jacket on, cause it was a cold December morning. The shot was probably 5 yards from the base of my tree. Well I drew back, and released, and took me a moment to figure out what had just happened. The bow kind made this puff sound, and my jak-hammer tipped arrow flew toward the deer WAY slower then it should have. The doe just kinda ducked a little, and I heard a little smack and the arrow was stuck in her neck. She just looked confused, and slowly started to walk off. I was still confused, and then I saw that pretty much the full length of the arrow was sticking out of her neck, but somehow it was staying in place, and this was way up high close to the dears head. For the life of me, I can't figure how the fletching didn't spook the deer, because it obviously could see the arrow and fletching protruding out of it's neck. The shot of the bow was actually really quiet. What happened was the bottom cam got caught up in my jacket, but the top cam still flipped and sent arrow on it's way. It was so bizarre. The doe slowly walked off about 70 yds layed down, and about 2 minutes later started to flop around. When I got down and looked at her it literally penetrated just enough to put a small cut in the jugular and stick in the vertabrae. The broadhead didn't even expand properly.

Comment

3 that come to mind. First duck I ever shot was a mallard drake. I was about 7 or 8 and shot it with a pellet gun while it was flying broadside at about 35 yards. Just took a wild guess and led it about 5 feet. Hit it right through the neck and folded it. Another was a white wing dove with a shotgun that I shot at almost 100 yards. Several witnesses to that one and I was the only one that shot. It took a bb through the eye ball. Lastly was a couple years ago, bow hunting my lease in Bastrop for whitetail. When out of no where a free range red stag walks out. Ranged it at 56 yards, it was not coming any closer and was slightly quartered away. I let an arrow fly and before it hit, the stag did almost a complete 180 and I shot it directly in the throat, cutting it’s jugular and it only ran about 50 yards and expired.

Comment

My first two archery deer (both bucks) were spine shots. Both went down immediately and were parapalegic. Follow up perforations were necessary to expedite expiration. Both were dead within half hour of first shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X