What % of deer caught on camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What % of deer caught on camera

I was wondering about what percentage of the deer you think you get on camera where you hunt?

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    I was wondering about what percentage of the deer you think you get on camera where you hunt?
    0, year after year

Comment

I have deer on my cameras I have never seen in real life and deer I see literally walking in front the camera when I’m sitting in the stand and the do not show up on camera.

Comment

A gps collar study was done in some southern state not long ago. There were mature bucks that lived within 200 yards of peoples feeders and stands that visited the feeder maybe 1-2 times in a year and he was assumed to be following a doe at that time. You probably see most of the does on a property on camera, but I’d be willing to bet you only see 20-30% of the mature bucks depending on the property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure I understand the question.

Are you asking what percentage is caught on camera at a feeder ?
          Last edited by Big pig; 12-16-2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

On my best spots, I run 3-4 cameras. Very common to only get pics of a deer on one of them. Most cameras miss a lot.

Also have spots with multiple feeders in very small areas. Very common for individual deer to only visit a certain feeder.

Comment

I bow hunt and looking a maybe 80 yards out in one direction out of my stand. I have 3 cameras on 200 acres and two on feeders and one on a trail. I usually see the same deer on all three camera but as soon as a drizzling cold norther comes in I see a new group of deer that were never on camera.

Comment

I would say close to 100% if it’s on a protein feeder. A corn feeder not near that %.

Comment

I was amazed on how much more activity I picked up after placing another camera outside of my feed pens and along trails to water/feeders. I’ll pick up bucks that never jump into a pen but walk around it or come within 100 yards away from one.

Comment

I'd say we're at 60 to 70 percent are on camera

Comment

I’d say 70-80% during the spring and summer months, then around November only 30-40% of those stay around and all the others are new bucks

Comment

On my smallish hf place there is 1 known buck that's been seen a few times in person and only 3 times on camera at 1 of 6 feed stations in the past 13 months I've had the place.

I find that interesting.

Every other buck is seen basically daily on a camera somewhere.

I also have 3 red stag. I've seen them in person driving around and on 2 sits passing through. They have never been on camera or at a feed station. Same with the aoudad on the place. See them once a month at best driving around never on camera or at a feed station.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                          I have deer on my cameras I have never seen in real life and deer I see literally walking in front the camera when I’m sitting in the stand and the do not show up on camera.

This has been my experience

Comment

Very few, less than 25%, of the mature deer we kill do we ever have on camera.

Comment

My ladder stand is set up where I only hand throw corn during bow season with a camera 10 feet from it. Saw nice 8 point on that camera and I passed on him twice this year. My feeder is 150 yards away with a camera that never had pictures of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X