Rifle grouping problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
    Skinny Sporter Barrel? Heat issue most likely.
    How much time between shots? Try waiting several minutes between shots and see what happens
    Sendero contour and plenty of time to cool between shots.

I’ll look into the bottom metal more. But if I recall correctly it shot fine after the install.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Whatever you do, do NOT use a Lead Sled for serious rifle zeroing. Been there, done that and wasted tons of time, money, and ammo figuring it out.
      What problems have you had? I found a cheap used one a while back and I actually like the darn thing. LOL

Comment

Suppressor impacts? I'd remove it and try again. (If I'm reading your post correctly you removed the suppressor cover, not the suppressor)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
          Suppressor impacts? I'd remove it and try again. (If I'm reading your post correctly you removed the suppressor cover, not the suppressor)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          Yessir, the suppressor has no baffle strikes or noticeable problems. If it won’t shoot with the suppressor it’s useless to me. Thought about it but it’s a rifle I use for culling and refuse to shoot it without the suppressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
            Yessir the only thing that has changed is I ran out of the ammo that gave me 1/2”groups and a cover for the suppressor which I’ve tried without and gotten the same results. It’s in a manners stock and have never had any issues with them flexing. The action screws were still at 65ft/lbs when checked. I was able to get about a 2” group without any noticeable verticals stringing with different ammo and the same setup. Just found it odd the hornady was stringing and if I was missing something to check on.
            65 ft/lbs?? Is that a typo?

Comment

What about the scope? Had more than one leupold that suddenly caused similar problems for me.

Comment

[QUOTE=Walker;15996471]65 ft/lbs?? Is that a typo?[/QUOTE

Sorry you are correct in/lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Whatever you do, do NOT use a Lead Sled for serious rifle zeroing. Been there, done that and wasted tons of time, money, and ammo figuring it out.
                  This…….

Comment

The pics I looked at seems to straight up in a straight line. Stock is pushing on the barrel as it warms up. Do the dollar bill check.

Comment

is it a bdl setup? If so, make sure that internal mag box isn't binding - I've had that happen when I took apart a remington sendero and didn't put it back together correctly.

It should have some play in it - you can move it with your fingers up and down a little bit.

It should be firmly set in the barreled action, then you put the stock on top without dislodging the mag box.

Check that - ***Assuming it's a bdl setup.

Comment

Have you cleaned it?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          We're not torquing lug nuts here

I was thinking the same thing when I saw 65 lb/ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            We're not torquing lug nuts here
                            I've no help to offer the OP other than a free bump, but this would have made a great signature line if TBH still had them.

Comment

You already mentioned scope rings and bases. That was my first impression. Did you check them yet?

We had this issue on my wifes Tikka T3 hunter in 30-06. We put a swarovski 4-12x52 and its been flawless for years. She made a bad shot on a doe @75 yds with it recently. Shes a crack shot so it didn’t add up.
                              Turns out the both scope rings were 1/2 turn loose and both bases were 1/4 turn loose. Tightened everything back up and shooting sub MOA again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                                You already mentioned scope rings and bases. That was my first impression. Did you check them yet?

We had this issue on my wifes Tikka T3 hunter in 30-06. We put a swarovski 4-12x52 and its been flawless for years. She made a bad shot on a doe @75 yds with it recently. Shes a crack shot so it didn’t add up.
                                Turns out the both scope rings were 1/2 turn loose and both bases were 1/4 turn loose. Tightened everything back up and shooting sub MOA again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Loose hardware likely wouldn’t be that repeatable or consistent in stringing.

Comment

Working...
                                X