Need help picking a Gun Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was some good info on helping me decide what to get

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHAyRO566sU&t=941s"]How to Choose a Gun Safe: The Truth - YouTube[/ame]

Also watched this and thought well I won't be getting one of these -

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg1MCkCj88M"]I had to break into my gun safe - YouTube[/ame]

Lastly I watched this and this is what I'm leaning too -

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSntODx3vVY&t=319s"]Best Gun Safe For Home Defense - SecureIt Agile Ultralight - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Every time I see a gun safe thread, I share this thread.

I was very impressed by the companies willingness to honor their warranty.

Comment

I have Amsec, Liberty, and Cannon safes. They are all fine. My Amsec is an older unit and the electronic lock runs on C batteries. I think I have changed them about once every 5 or 6 years. The other run on a single 9 volt battery and they don't last a couple months and are a pain in the butt. My advise is get one that fits your needs and your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
          +1 for Moore Security. Joe is a great guy to work with. No BS, quick turnaround. Liberty and Amsec both make a good product for the money, any better and you're spending buku $ on a real "safe". The local Amsec dealer (King/Houston safe and Lock) wanted to rake me over the coals on delivery and bolting it down, so I went with liberty. I've been very happy with it.

Will be checking out Moore Security since I’m close by today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whatever you buy, buy one 2-3X what you think you need! They fill up quick and don't hold near as many guns as they claim to hold. Get the door pockets too for pistols etc.

Comment

Liberty FatBoy Jr! Got mine from Cabelas in League City a few years back. It's got plenty of space.

Comment

Security Products out of Waco

securityproducts1.com

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Don’t overlook Tractor Supply. They usually have good deals on them around Fathers Day and Christmas. Also if you have 20 guns you will need at least a 60 gun safe to fit them in.
                  That's where I got mine. Gave 2 guys a Benjamin and they delivered and put in the house for me.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                      Whatever you buy, buy one 2-3X what you think you need! They fill up quick and don't hold near as many guns as they claim to hold. Get the door pockets too for pistols etc.
                      This is very true. I wish I knew this when I bought my safe years ago. My safe is already getting cramped especially when you have scoped rifles.

Comment

Definitely will be getting one bigger than I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X