Need help picking a Gun Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help picking a Gun Safe

Heard good stuff about the Liberty safes and the AmSec. Have a place close to me that sells them, going to swing by and check what they have and what kind of deals they can do.
    Not sure which one to get though. Would definitely like to have at least one shelf on the top if not two(not a must) but still be able to fit my long guns. Longest at the moment is my Benelli shotgun which is around 50” long.

Also if you guys know of the best place to get one from in the (SE)Houston area. Don’t mind ordering one and getting it shipped but if I can find it in Houston, it would be nice.

Have also been looking at the Sturdy Safes online. They look to be very well built and have very good reviews.

Don’t overlook Tractor Supply. They usually have good deals on them around Fathers Day and Christmas. Also if you have 20 guns you will need at least a 60 gun safe to fit them in.

Comment

Amsec B&F from Houston Safe and Lock. Easy to deal with and delivery/set up was a breeze.

Comment

Rhino
        They make a few brands… i have the iron works.
        Also make kodiak and longhorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Amsec B&F

Comment

We ended up with a Liberty Safe. We almost bought a safe at Academy which have digital keypads, but the sales lady said "If the battery goes dead, check this out" and struck the bottom of the keypad with her palm. It popped off and inside she changed the combination and opened it. She said that's how easy it is to break into them and recommended we get a safe without a keypad. So we went to Gander Mountain because all Academy had was keypads.

Comment

It was nice of her to show you their 'crap' oughta buy her lunch,that's good to know unless you already have one ,sorry to anyone that has one ,mines old ,gotta top and bottom key,more of a locker than a safe if ya ask me,I'd go see what kind but the wife's in there sleeping and she can be a mean bear if ya wake her

Comment

I bought a Liberty from Moore security in Houston, small mom and pop shop.
                Delivery and set up went well.

Comment

Originally posted by Blessed to hunt View Post
                  It was nice of her to show you their 'crap' oughta buy her lunch,that's good to know unless you already have one ,sorry to anyone that has one ,mines old ,gotta top and bottom key,more of a locker than a safe if ya ask me,I'd go see what kind but the wife's in there sleeping and she can be a mean bear if ya wake her
                  Yep. That was probably 8 years ago.
                  We have one of those "lockers" too. We store our ammo in it and it is full!

Comment

Amsec or Graffunder is where it's at for the higher end stuff. Think about how much burglary protection you need and how much fire protection you need and buy appropriately. Just about anything will stop a smash and grab burglar. Something higher grade will stop most thieves. Also, buy much bigger than you think you need. Gun safes are like tents—take the rating and divide by 2.5 to get an idea of how many it will actually hold.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Don’t overlook Tractor Supply. They usually have good deals on them around Fathers Day and Christmas. Also if you have 20 guns you will need at least a 60 gun safe to fit them in.
                      True

Comment

I recently bought an Amsec from B&L Lock & Safe. They are in SE Houston and had great pricing and quick delivery.

Comment

How safe do you want to be? UL-30 on all six sides is going to cost more.

If you are willing to spend a few grand for high-end security, call George at Worldwide Safes in Florida. He'll sell you a mechanically refurbished, painted color of your choice with two locks of your choice for around $4k (before Biden), delivered and installed in the location of your choice by professions that install commercial vaults in malls all over Texas every day.

Send me a PM for more info

Comment

Liberty.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                              I bought a Liberty from Moore security in Houston, small mom and pop shop.
                              Delivery and set up went well.
                              +1 for Moore Security. Joe is a great guy to work with. No BS, quick turnaround. Liberty and Amsec both make a good product for the money, any better and you're spending buku $ on a real "safe". The local Amsec dealer (King/Houston safe and Lock) wanted to rake me over the coals on delivery and bolting it down, so I went with liberty. I've been very happy with it.
                              Last edited by jdg13; 12-15-2021, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X