No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment C Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck tmw boys! Let's see some LDPs!

Comment

Trail from and too food sources. But mainly just heavy trails and hoping they come down one with in range good luck y’all

Comment

Originally posted by ceg0106 View Post
        Blood trail went dry. Going to check a couple of drainages tomorrow
        Sorry to hear that Ceg. Were you the one that shot one in Big Mineral?

I'm staying in my spot in Sandy. Didn't see much but it's cool and no wind. I wore my heavyweight shirt all day, over my other two long sleeves.
        At 1:00 I saw a baby 6 pt and he and I looked toward the sound of two deer running. I don't know if they were two does or a buck and a doe, but judging by his reaction, it was a doe and a buck. At 5:15 I watched an armadillo scurrying around making so much ruckus as he went by me, I didn't hear the buck that came in to 20 yards. Thank goodness it was a spike!

Tomorrow is a whole new day! It will be 10 degrees colder and won't hit 60 until 11am. Those deer will be up moving in front of this cold front too!

Comment

I'm hunting the bottom lands near a water source. I'm sure the deer are post rut with some doe still hot. Seen a mature buck yesterday running off a spike and my buddy jumped a buck bedded with a doe this morning in a plum thicket near a small water source.

Comment

That's good to know. I tried some rattling today and got nada

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
              Sorry to hear that Ceg. Were you the one that shot one in Big Mineral?

I'm staying in my spot in Sandy. Didn't see much but it's cool and no wind. I wore my heavyweight shirt all day, over my other two long sleeves.
              At 1:00 I saw a baby 6 pt and he and I looked toward the sound of two deer running. I don't know if they were two does or a buck and a doe, but judging by his reaction, it was a doe and a buck. At 5:15 I watched an armadillo scurrying around making so much ruckus as he went by me, I didn't hear the buck that came in to 20 yards. Thank goodness it was a spike!

Tomorrow is a whole new day! It will be 10 degrees colder and won't hit 60 until 11am. Those deer will be up moving in front of this cold front too!
              Yes the one I shot was in big mineral. Hard to understand sometimes when you do everything right and still go home empty handed. I shot my bow when got home. It was maybe an inch low. Maybe that was it. Who knows. I’m sure I’ll get a chance at another one tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BowDude5000 View Post
                I'm hunting the bottom lands near a water source. I'm sure the deer are post rut with some doe still hot. Seen a mature buck yesterday running off a spike and my buddy jumped a buck bedded with a doe this morning in a plum thicket near a small water source.
                I just realized why you and I are seeing deer. It’s all those tactics that hunting Lake Whitney has taught us. 😂

Comment

Been "scouting" a bit tonight at work..

Bucks are back being tolerable, but still standoffish with each other and lots of deer on their feet.. every deer I seen was hammering acorns.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like some fog rolled in this am, hopefully better today than past two.

Comment

Up and headed out shortly

Not quiet as enthusiastic as Friday but anything can happen at any time

Good luck to all still grinding

Comment

good luck to all!

Comment

Back to stand again!

Had a borderline legal buck at the bottom of the stand last evening , it was so tempting to shoot it, but decided to give it another year.

Comment

All set up for 11 hours. Although it been a beat down it’s still better than working. Although my body might beg to differ. No more moves just sit and wait. Hopefully the Lord will shine on someone today and send one of those H legends within range. Big Mineral looked that there was quite a few less trucks on the drive by this morning. Good luck to everyone here and especially those that sit it out all day. Hopefully your patience will pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sky is starting to lighten up, good luck fellers and ladies.

Comment

Good luck everyone !
                                Last day, don’t give up.

Comment

Working...
                                X