Comment

Prayers.

Comment

More prayers sent for Bryan and the family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Up

Comment

Man, Bryan has been through several ROUGH deals over the last few years. More prayers for Bryan. Keep fighting, brother!

Comment

Praying, Lord please continue to be with and heal Bryan, and please comfort his family.

Comment

Lord, please wrap Bryan in your healing hands so that he may recover quickly and praise Your name!

Comment

My family and I are praying for Bryan, the family and medical staff tending to him!

We serve a mighty God and He is the the ultimate healer! Peace and comfort to those closest to him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                      Praying, Lord please continue to be with and heal Bryan, and please comfort his family.

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying for a full recovery, and some rest for you and your family.

Comment

Prayers sent for the family.

Comment

UPDATE 12/5/21 7:00AM

The only change I can report is that Bryan’s oxygen dropped significantly late last night. Right now his stat is at 83 and that’s right about where it stayed at all night. I asked if that is sustainable because it seems so low given that he’s on a ventilator and receiving 100% oxygen. They assured me that they have many critical lung patients who live with that # successfully and that it is not surprising considering how severe his lungs are injured. He has so much swelling and blood/fluid in his chest that it’s difficult to get the oxygen in and out until that situation decreases. They are starting a new round of lasix to hopefully rid his body of the fluid. I pray this helps increase his lung function. He woke from the sedation 4 times yesterday wide eyed and thrashing but they seem to have to sedation maintained where he’ll rest comfortably. Thank you all for following us through this very hard process and for the continued prayers for my Dad.

**side note: I didn’t realize that all of my previous updates were not Facebook shareable so I have edited them all to be PUBLIC and you may share them now.

Comment

Update / Details of Bryan’s accident

Devin Anderson Vanderpool, Bryan’s niece was so gracious and kind to help me put this into words for you all. **I’m spent. 😵*💫

After learning new facts, we now know a lot more about what happened to Bryan. The doctors noticed some things medically that didn’t seem to line up with Bryan’s version of events. After realizing that Bryan was pretty out of it during and after the incident, Codi Haines decided to talk to the only witness of the incident to see if we could get a more complete picture of what happened. A local friend, Dennis, was assisting Bryan, and he gave us his perspective, which adds clarity and showed us how much worse the incident actually was.
                              To earn a living, Bryan regularly tranquilizes aoudad and gets them into trailers to sell to other ranches and buyers. He has done this for many years. He is very experienced in doing this, so this wasn’t a mistake made but a freak incident.
                              On Thursday, he and Dennis darted a 300 lb. aoudad, backed far away from the animal, and waited Bryan’s customary 10 minutes for the tranquilizer to take effect before approaching the aoudad for capture and transport. This 10 minutes is a safeguard for everyone involved and is not taken lightly.
                              On approach, the aoudad was down on the ground and appeared to be tranquilized, as normal. Bryan walked up to the animal to put a mask on it and tie its legs to get it ready to put on a trailer, but when he touched the animal, it stood up. Bryan quickly grabbed the horns of the animal from behind (something he has done before many times) and asked Dennis for assistance with the animal. They attempted to subdue the now-raging animal, but it slung Dennis off, kicking him 10 feet backwards. When the injured Dennis looked up to see what was happening, he realized that Bryan was approximately 20 feet from his original location with the aoudad on top of him, ramming his horns into Bryan’s chest, repeatedly and forcefully driving him into the ground.
                              (Note: Bryan’s memory of falling onto the animal’s horn could have been accurate and could have happened when the animal kicked Dennis. We will never know for sure. It seems that he may not have remembered all of what happened next.)
                              Dennis got up and immediately ran to Bryan, who asked Dennis to pull on the legs of the ram to try to get it off of him. As Dennis began pulling on the aoudad, the tranquilizer and the energy it had exerted on Bryan’s chest finally knocked the aoudad out. Dennis tied and masked the aoudad while Bryan lay on the ground. Dennis asked Bryan multiple times if he was okay, to which he responded, “I don’t know.”
                              After lying there for 5-10 minutes Bryan stood up on his own without assistance (a feat in itself) and told Dennis they needed to go hook up the trailer to bring it back to pick up the aoudad. Dennis told him they needed to call 9-1-1, but Bryan was not lucid and would not listen. So they went back and got the trailer, and Bryan lifted the back end of the 300 lb. aoudad to help get it into the trailer. (He did this with a broken sternum, broken ribs, and a severely damaged heart and lungs. If you didn’t already think Bryan was strong, this should convince you.)
                              At this point, Bryan decided to call Debbie, but Dennis had to remind him that they were out of signal - a fact Bryan would normally remember. They drove to the Vanderpool Store, and he was able to get through to Debbie but did not convey how serious he was injured. One of Bryan’s nephews, Ron, was at the store, and he also told Bryan that they should call 9-1-1. Debbie rushed to take care of things at home and made it to the store in about 25 minutes, at which point Bryan was coughing up blood. She then rushed him to the hospital in Boerne. He refused an ambulance because he wanted Deb there.

The doctors have said repeatedly that if this had happened to anyone else, they would have died with the animal on top of them. He has made it so far already, but he is still in very critical condition. Please continue to pray for him, his doctors, and his family.

I included a video showing the strength of an aoudad (Barbary Sheep).

Comment

Dang!! It’s truly a blessing he made it to the hospital. Prayers continued for a full recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X