X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walt Strikes Again! Best Buck Yet!

Well Walt Lee strikes again!!

This kid never ceases to amaze me.

He’s cool as cucumber and takes care of business behind the trigger.

Yesterday evening started out a little frazzled as we had to turn around half way to deer stand because little brother Weston was throwing a fit that he wasn’t getting to go.

After flipping a U-turn, grabbing Weston and his snacks we got in about 20 minutes later than anticapted.

We were after any legal buck that was a slick horn or mature buck. I originally was going to sit in my bow blind with Walt but adding Weston forced us to sit in my bigger rifle blind.

I made the decision to put out handcorn at 45 yards and 65 yards. Told myself we will only take a shot if a shooter deer would come to either one of those spots.

I’m getting snacks out for the boys when I catch movement and see a buck we named “Crabby” cruising in to the 65 yard corn pile.

Trying to contain my excitement, 6 year old Walt’s excitement, and 3 year old Weston’s excitement was truly a task.

We moved at snails pace repositioning ourselves in the blind to make Walt more comfortable on the gun and tripod.

Set my phone up to record his reaction and hit record on my video camera.

“Crabby” fed in circles for 4-5 minutes never giving us a perfectly broadside shot.

I can barely hear Walt’s breathing over my own and not to mention reminding Weston to be very quiet and still while he shoves his fingers in his ears! [emoji38]

Crabby finally turn broadside, Walt settles the crosshairs, and slowly squeezes off the round.

I was watching through the camera view finder so I wasn’t sure where the shot hit but I knew he was hit by the reaction of his body.

He sped off and I couldn’t visibly see any blood on his side.

We settled our nerves, reviewed the footage, and then I was comfortable to say the shot found it’s mark.

This is largest buck we have killed on our deer lease and we are beyond thrilled and excited that we were able to share the moments of a successful hunt with his grandparents on both sides, PawPw and GiGi Brunner and Opa and Omie Luddeke along with Mom (Kelsey) and Weston!!

Walt is now 3/3 since last deer season. “Boogie” aka Weston is not far behind.

I’m so happy the boys find as much enjoyment in the outdoors as I do. It is a feeling I truly can not describe.

We thank the Lord above daily for the outdoors and our love and respect of what all He has created.

Thank you to our awesome friends and landowners for sharing their special place with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats too Walt. Great deer. Great job dad.

Comment

Congratulations to him, that's a monster buck!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to y’all!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

That's an old bull right there. Congrats to all of you.

Comment

Great deer and congrats to him.

Comment

Attaboy!!! Congrats

Comment

Nice buck !

Comment

Outstanding job!

Comment

Awesome write up. Congratulations to Walt and the family. Beautiful buck.

Comment

Congrats on a beautiful deer!

Comment

That’s too cool! Congrats to your boy, Walt, and to you too dad! Way to make memories!

Comment

Working...
                              X