PSA: Skin Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Skin Cancer

Never in a million years would I think I would have anything like this.

Back in early Sept after a trip to the Dermatologist, she noticed a spot on my upper left arm that i had been picking at and she became concerned. Deadened the spot, cut it out and lo and behold I have skin cancer! Fortunately is is the best type to have if there is a best type, Basal Cell Carcinoma.I went back on the 29th and they did a burn and scrape and gave me some Chemo cream i start with tonight 3 times per week for 6 weeks and then see where it goes from there.

Guys, PLEASE wear sunscreen or long sleeve shirts and pants. Even though it is a very treatable cancer it is still CANCER. I know we have families and a lot more hunts to go on, so head my warning please.

Praying your treatment goes well. I would add a brimmed hat to your outdoor wear. I started doing that a few years ago because I became concerned about the tops of my ears while wearing a baseball cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
      Praying your treatment goes well. I would add a brimmed hat to your outdoor wear. I started doing that a few years ago because I became concerned about the tops of my ears while wearing a baseball cap.
      I do wear a big brimmed floppy hat for sure!

Comment

Same thing happened to me about 3-months ago. As you grow older, you just have to get used to seeing the dermatologist.

Comment

Another think that a lot of
          People never think about
          My wife had the same cancer on her bottom lip, had to have about a 1/4 of it cut out
          Wear lip balm with spf
          Your lip isn’t what you want a surgeon cutting on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yep, annual visit for me too... Had a few small "spots" frozen off... This whole sun vs. skin cancer thing is another of those "... sure wish I'd have known then what I know now." items... Used to get sunburned almost on purpose at the beginning of summer so I could "toughen up a bit" and wear just a pair of shorts all summer long... If I had it to do over again, I'd do it a little different...

Comment

I've had 13 removed. Too much windshield time the last 13 years before I retired. Have a couple more that I need removed but wait until they start enlarging before I have it done.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Yep, annual visit for me too... Had a few small "spots" frozen off... This whole sun vs. skin cancer thing is another of those "... sure wish I'd have known then what I know now." items... Used to get sunburned almost on purpose at the beginning of summer so I could "toughen up a bit" and wear just a pair of shorts all summer long... If I had it to do over again, I'd do it a little different...
                Yeah all those spots showing up on us now are likely from damage we did as kids. Back when the summer had not officially started until you got your first bad sunburn. The kind where a few days later you could peel long snakeskins off your back.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Yeah all those spots showing up on us now are likely from damage we did as kids. Back when the summer had not officially started until you got your first bad sunburn. The kind where a few days later you could peel long snakeskins off your back.

Yep, was sort of a badge of honor for us fair-skinned folks back then...

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    Never in a million years would I think I would have anything like this.

Back in early Sept after a trip to the Dermatologist, she noticed a spot on my upper left arm that i had been picking at and she became concerned. Deadened the spot, cut it out and lo and behold I have skin cancer! Fortunately is is the best type to have if there is a best type, Basal Cell Carcinoma.I went back on the 29th and they did a burn and scrape and gave me some Chemo cream i start with tonight 3 times per week for 6 weeks and then see where it goes from there.

Guys, PLEASE wear sunscreen or long sleeve shirts and pants. Even though it is a very treatable cancer it is still CANCER. I know we have families and a lot more hunts to go on, so head my warning please.
                    I've had 2 basil cell carcinomas removed and 2 squamous cells removed as well. I also had a melanoma about 8 years ago and they cut a golf ball size chunk out of my forearm to remove it. Its treatable, but needs be caught before it gets below the epidermis. Once it does It can spread rapidly and can become very bad very fast. If you have "spots" that look abnormal, have them looked at by a dermatologist asap.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm religious with the Sunscreen for about the last 20 years. Before that I hardly wore it. What a dummy.

Comment

Check those temples and behind the ears too.

Comment

I have it on my temples but it’s been 2 yrs since my last visit! Looking for a new dr. For that ALSO LOL! Yep, I’m et up with the dumbarse.

Comment

Left arm, maybe like mine, because it hangs out the window when you drive. I have 4 cut off of me. I go every 6 months and have several place frozen. Stay on top of it and catch it before it get too big.

Comment

Be careful with the ball caps. Like said above, they don't cover your ears and the space between the back adjustment strap and the back edge of the cap is where two of my Basal Cell cancers formed on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X