Killed a Zombie this weekend. (Graphic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killed a Zombie this weekend. (Graphic)

After several hunts sitting over a feeder in Kerr county I decided to go to a blind that sits overlooking a well. As I'm walking up to the blind with my dad I spotted a long horn spike as I'm looking through the binos my dad says let's see what comes in after the feeder goes off. So we continue to walk to the blind and I look up and see a big bodied Sika buck. I am using a muzzleloader so I decided to try and stalk up closer to get a better shot. It took about 5 minutes and I got with in 60 yards and went prone. Once he turned broadside I gave him one through the shoulder and he ran right through a small pond then went about 8 yards and laid down and died. Which I thought was strange but gave him some time and walked back and got the hunting truck. We drove back down and I walked up to him and saw a huge hole in its back above his right shoulder and I thought this was the exit wound. When I got closer I started smelling a dead animal like been dead for a while kind of smell. I looked at the hole and it was full of flies and maggots. After further examination the Sika also had maggots that had been eating through the skin on its face. We decided not to try and eat the meat because of what we saw. I got my knife to cut the head off and began to do so. After the first cut hundreds of maggots started falling out of the hole I cut. I then lost my lunch and finished cutting it off. All I can say is man those things are tough and have a crazy amount of will power to live! I'm glad I could end what was probably a ton of pain for the animal but I'm also bummed that we couldn't use the meat or hide. Thanks for reading!

What is that by the eye??

Comment

Wth. You did the poor animal a favor

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        What is that by the eye??
        Those are maggots crawling out of its face....

Comment

Nasty!!!! You helped him out!!!

Bisch

Comment

wow, that's gross

Comment

That is so gross.

Comment

Yummy

Just wrap it in bacon so you don't see the maggots

Comment

Eeeeewwww!

Comment

Way to take him out!!!

Comment

Dang...

Comment

dang they are tough animals!

Comment

Another instance where a hunter's kill is far better than a "natural" death in the wild. Good job.

Comment

Barfff

Comment

u know in some countries maggots are considered a delicacy lol...thats why im proud to be an american!.

I shot a pig 3 years ago behind the shoulder and as we were dragging it out of the woods we noticed blood running out of a hole b/t its eyes. upon further inspection he had been shot in the head before and it healed. Didnt see any sign of infection around the area so i still ate him...still alive to tell about it!
                              this is his skull after i took the skin off
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X