M9 bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M9 bayonet

I see a lot of tricked out AR,s with no bayonets. Who has one for their AR and where did you get it? Does an AR take an M9?
    Back in the day our bayonets in the Marine Corp were no where near as menacing in appearance as the old school Japanese bayonets.

Semi issue is on civilian rifles you need a 14.5” barrel with a caribe length gas system. Or a mid length gas system on a 16” barrel so many configurations aren’t compatible.

Comment

Ok. Asking for a friend: what does the gas system have to do with a bayonet lug? Is 14.5 a standard length for the civilian AR,s of today? Thanks for your response btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        Ok. Asking for a friend: what does the gas system have to do with a bayonet lug? Is 14.5 a standard length for the civilian AR,s of today? Thanks for your response btw.
        The lug is really only on the front sight post model ARs and tricked out gas blocks generally wont have that configuration for the bayonet to lock on to. 16” is the standard M4 configuration, and the a2 or a3 still uses the 20” bbl.

Comment

Yalls knowledge never ceases to amaze an old azz cracka!

Comment

I've been patiently waiting for an Ontario M9 to come back online for a long time...worse than ammo.

Comment

Comment

Are you a collector Artos or will you install?

Comment

No sir, I'm wanting a new Ontario to put on a traditional set up...they are just supper back ordered & us civi's are last in line. Can't even get a lead time or I'm looking in the wrong places??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    No sir, I'm wanting a new Ontario to put on a traditional set up...they are just supper back ordered & us civi's are last in line. Can't even get a lead time or I'm looking in the wrong places??
                    Here is a used one I found. If you're not dead set on a new one.
                    Buy an Ontario M9 Bayonet for Sale with Scabbard for use as a melee weapon, heavy cutting, chopping, and filing. These are genuine US Army issue bayonets.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      I've been patiently waiting for an Ontario M9 to come back online for a long time...worse than ammo.
                      I know appx grid coordinates to a field in Afghanistan where one was dropped. Apparently incoming mortars don’t excuse not packing your bayo back up before taking off lol

Comment

appreciate the leads...lol. No, not gonna pay new prices for a used one much less take out a loan for a jet ride & metal detector.

I'll wait...they will show eventually.

Comment

That’s crazy! When did they become like toilet paper and hand sanitizer? Is that where our standard issue bayonet came from? I went in the Corps in 1974.

Comment

I have a two brand new, in the wrapper(1968) Connetta mfg M9 bayos and sheaths. Connetta made the lowest amount of the M9 bayo makers. I also have two Colt SP1's that I bought them for. Just novelty items to complete the set up.

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                              I know appx grid coordinates to a field in Afghanistan where one was dropped. Apparently incoming mortars don’t excuse not packing your bayo back up before taking off lol

And this is why you should not have checked it out of the armory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X