Will Shaka survive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
    Um...the city will own that state of the art arena, not UT. Whoren won’t even be able to practice there.

Lol

You’re spare parts, bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
      UT arrogance will be unable to accept your sound and logical reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Horn ain’t hurt anybody for 11 years! 😂🤣😂🤣

Comment

Will Shaka survive???

Originally posted by oktx View Post
          Horn ain’t hurt anybody for 11 years! [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]
          The hurt that baseball tonight! Several times!

Go work on your bark you forgot about [emoji23][emoji23]
          Last edited by Smart; 03-27-2021, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            The hurt that baseball tonight! Several times!

Go work on your bark you forgot about [emoji23][emoji23]

Break out the [emoji3472]. It’s 12:27 and OU still sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anybody said NO, yet. Apparently they have interviewed Ivey.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Texas owns the land. Texas owns the building. Texas gets exclusive rights to the first 60 days it chooses (events).

The Oak View Group is paying all construction cost and get to host events when Texas isn’t using it.

Texas is also building a $60 Million basketball practice facility as well. They will practice at the Moody Center as well.

So Texas got the Oak View group to pay the $388M tab to build it and the Moody foundation gave them $130M for naming rights. They own it, don’t have to pay construction cost and pocketing the naming rights.

So......

Comment

The basketball search has been pretty quiet, which is said to be how CDC prefers his coaching searches to be handled. There were reports yesterday that former Texas player, Royal Ivey was interviewed but it only lasted "15-20 minutes" so this could be just filling out if he would be interested (He is currently an NBA assistant coach).

The hot name still remains Chris Beard, but its been quiet from both sides, which I think is good for Texas if he's there pick. I am sure Tech is itching to announce he is "spurned Texas and is staying in the LBK" but so far nothing has came out. Beard has a great setup in Lubbock and I can see all the reasons why he would stay. I am sure Tech is doing everything they can to keep him (I even heard "tenure" was thrown out there which would make it more difficult to ever fire him).

His buyout does drop by $1M on April 1st (Thursday) so that is something that could be in play as well. I read a report that Beard would like to get to a Nike school for the recruiting advantages and being at a UA school is holding him back. I can absolutely see this as being important if you want to dig down in the rabbit hole of AAU / College Recruiting / Shoe Companies and how important being at a Nike or Adidas school is. UA is playing major catch up in that game. The same report says he has his eyes on blue blood jobs like Kansas or North Carolina so he could be short lived at either Lubbock or Austin.

After the Texas Women's performance last night, and new coach Vic Schaefer taking Texas to the Elite 8 in his first year, the expectations for the new basketball coach just got ramped up. CDC has made some great hires in Softball and W Basketball, Football feels good, but to early to tell there. I think the quietness of the whole search is a good thing for Texas is CDC is operating how he would like to operate.

Comment

I saw someone say they would rather live in Lubbock than Austin, and that's absolutely insane to me.

Beard is the obvious option, but that is going to be a hard pull. Texas has had the talent, but for some reason, they couldn't put it all together. I thought Shaka was a GREAT hire.

If you want to see one of the nastiest high school highlight tapes you have ever seen. Do a search for Greg Brown.

Comment

We saw Greg Brown at the collegiate level and it wasn't impressive at all other than a few massive dunks on people.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

So Texas is really considering paying a basketball coach significantly more than it has EVER paid a football coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          The basketball search has been pretty quiet, which is said to be how CDC prefers his coaching searches to be handled. There were reports yesterday that former Texas player, Royal Ivey was interviewed but it only lasted "15-20 minutes" so this could be just filling out if he would be interested (He is currently an NBA assistant coach).

The hot name still remains Chris Beard, but its been quiet from both sides, which I think is good for Texas if he's there pick. I am sure Tech is itching to announce he is "spurned Texas and is staying in the LBK" but so far nothing has came out. Beard has a great setup in Lubbock and I can see all the reasons why he would stay. I am sure Tech is doing everything they can to keep him (I even heard "tenure" was thrown out there which would make it more difficult to ever fire him).

His buyout does drop by $1M on April 1st (Thursday) so that is something that could be in play as well. I read a report that Beard would like to get to a Nike school for the recruiting advantages and being at a UA school is holding him back. I can absolutely see this as being important if you want to dig down in the rabbit hole of AAU / College Recruiting / Shoe Companies and how important being at a Nike or Adidas school is. UA is playing major catch up in that game. The same report says he has his eyes on blue blood jobs like Kansas or North Carolina so he could be short lived at either Lubbock or Austin.

After the Texas Women's performance last night, and new coach Vic Schaefer taking Texas to the Elite 8 in his first year, the expectations for the new basketball coach just got ramped up. CDC has made some great hires in Softball and W Basketball, Football feels good, but to early to tell there. I think the quietness of the whole search is a good thing for Texas is CDC is operating how he would like to operate.
                          If it's Beard, I would reccomend you tread EXTREMELY lightly around Stanford Manor for a few weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            I saw someone say they would rather live in Lubbock than Austin, and that's absolutely insane to me.

Beard is the obvious option, but that is going to be a hard pull. Texas has had the talent, but for some reason, they couldn't put it all together. I thought Shaka was a GREAT hire.

If you want to see one of the nastiest high school highlight tapes you have ever seen. Do a search for Greg Brown.

That is absolutely the case for me. Living in Austin is no different than living in California. One of the most liberal ran cities in the country. No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              If it's Beard, I would reccomend you tread EXTREMELY lightly around Stanford Manor for a few weeks...
                              I got a text a couple of nights ago from a buddy that has some inside connections and he told me Beard was a done deal to Texas (I still do not believe this is the case though), so I texted him back and asked if I should wake up Karla and let her know.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                So Texas is really considering paying a basketball coach significantly more than it has EVER paid a football coach?

I was having a hard time with this as well. The fact of the matter is elite basketball coaches are making just as much if not more than elite football coaches. The circle I talk to has said, if Sark does what he is supposed to then he will be in the 8-10M shortly.

The good news is there are a lot of good basketball coaching options out there, unlike football which seems like you have to find that unicorn of a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X