• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorilla Glue

Comment

Ask Aggieman08. He's good at this

Comment

I would rearrange the mounts in the room to find a stud. It would be a shame to see a $850+ mount, destroyed because of a drywall anchor fail. Just my opinion.

Or I would add in a 2x4 between studs and try to hide it somehow, before securing with something in just the drywall.

Comment

I use those flat bar mounts now for all heavy objects. Screw one bar into wall. The other on the object you are hanging. Comes with a bubble level. Best things ever.

I see them at Home Depot and Lowes. On Amazon they are called Hangman Softy or a French Cleat Hanger. Comes in a lot of different sizes.

They also make interlocking bracket mounts for heavy objects that work great. You will see them advertised as Flush Mount Interlocking Brackets.

I have never had anything fall using the french cleat style hangers - and I have hung some very heavy objects with them.
          Last edited by wellingtontx; 03-25-2021, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
            Once you use these you will never go back. They screw right in with a drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            what i use

Comment

Almost all of mine in Sheetrock are with these anchors:

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use toggle bolts. Drill hole in Sheetrock I add a flat washer a little bigger than the hole and another nut next to your bolt head. Screw bolt next to screw head and put flat washer next then toggle. Insert toggle in hole, put flat washer against Sheetrock and screw bolt to desired length you want off the wall. Tighter nut against washer and its level and steady.

Comment

Pop Toggle is what I use

Comment

After having a 200” whitetail hanging from a sheetrock anchor fall and split the nose of the mount, I’ll never hang another animals that’s not in a stud.

Comment

Working...
                    X