No announcement yet.

Summer vacation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sweetheart (who lives in another state) and I traveled out of both our states three times in 2020. We just did our research as to where and what was open and had a great time. We already have two trips planned for this year.

Comment

Will be avoiding Alaska until Lisa Murkowski is forced into retirement

But yes we plan to travel by car only. No interest in flying in the next 4 years

Comment

Yes my crew is driving to Tennessee, actually went in 2020 as well and didn’t notice many changes then.
        Tyler

Comment

I've already been to Alaska in 2021. A lot of people I talk to don't want to go out of the US because of the potential complications of traveling outside the US during covid. This should help Alaska since it is the farthest away most people can go from home and still be in the US.

Hunting demand in Alaska will be high since Canada is closed and many of the species hunted in Canada are available to hunt in Alaska.

Comment

Flying to Spokane and renting car one way to Rapid City. Fly fishing, hiking and sightseeing along the way.

Comment

Still undetermined where we will go. We will be driving. Wife his a teacher and I racked up 8 weeks of PTO during the first 2 months of COVID. May try and hit a bunch of national parks all in the lower 48

Comment

Supposed to go fishing in Alaska in July. I will keep watching to see if anything changes, but planning on it.

Comment

We will travel out of state and to Mexico. Zero concerns about the Rona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going somewhere just don’t know we’re yet.

Comment

Wife and I are traveling alot within the States. We have just slowed International

Comment

Wife and I had plans for 2020 Alaska trip to celebrate our 30th, but Covid and the downturn in oil/gas killed the plans. Instead, we hung around the house and tried like heck to stay employed. No firm plans for 2021, Covid concerns still looming and catching up with out of state family and friends would be primary objective.

I do believe once the Covid mess settles down, there will be a massive uptick in travel.

Comment

Ouray, Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier, Devil's Tower and Mt. Rushmore. 2 week road trip in September.

Comment

A lot of people will be more than ready to get out and about, and take their first trips out of town/state in over a year+, by this summer. Many such folks will be beyond the extreme Covid concerns, having been successfully vaccinated. If I were in the travel industry, I would be cautiously optimistic of better times ahead, on the horizon. I suppose an inexpensive, multi-faceted, social media advertising blitz would be appropriate, at the very least. Best of luck to you up there!

Comment

Four of us will be going to Idaho at the end of May to bear hunt. Only thing that would stop us would be restrictions enacted to prevent the trip, or actually getting the virus right before going.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

If folks can get in and out of there from the lower 48 without any hassles I think you stand to be super busy this summer. Folks are tired of being cooped up at home and are ready to get out and go do something.

I agree with an earlier post, you need to get the word out that you are open and fishing and that travel to and from Alaska is open and easy, if it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X