Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The founding fathers were so brilliant when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The founding fathers were so brilliant when...

they put the electoral college in place. I am so tired of HRC and other liberals spouting off about how she won the election with the popular vote. She won the popular vote by 2.5 million votes- which is exactly how many votes she beat our President by in California. She won only 18 of our 50 states. So in other words, the votes in the majority of our states would not have mattered if we elected by popular vote, which is the very reason our founding fathers instituted the electoral college. Our country's agenda would have been set by the liberals that are concentrated in the east and west coast area. For us conservatives, the electoral college is our firewall against the nutjob agenda.

If they had not been lead by God and did not put in the EC then this country would have look like Russia or Venezuela about 200 years ago

Comment

Bragging about the popular vote is like claiming your football team won because they had more time of possession. That's not how score is kept so that's not how the game is played. When I voted in 2016 I left President unchecked. You can bet your *** if it was chosen by popular vote I would've voted Trump.

Comment

If only the folks who crafted our State constitution would have been so wise.

Comment

None of that matters with gerrymandering.

Comment

It is ironic. For all the Trump haters griping about it, the founders set up the electoral college to prevent a guy like him (as the Democrats describe him) from winning the presidency. They feared that a popular vote could allow a majority mob of uneducated rabble to elect someone who is unfit or even a tyrant. They worried that a populist president appealing directly to the people could command dangerous amounts of power. Allowing the states to elect the president as opposed to a direct vote was designed to act as a buffer - the elites could take control if they had too.

Comment

The stupidity of the argument is he ran his campaign to win the electoral college. He had a hand full of states he needed to flip or carry. That’s where he campaigned. If it would have been a popular vote his campaign would have been run differently. He ran a campaign to win the presidency. And once again look how much time he has been spending in the blue wall, look how much effort he gave into bring jobs back to the area. He knows exactly what has to be done to be re-elected and made the area a priority from day one.

Also, when I was working on Long Island almost all our clients were conservative and would bring up politics. When I would ask how they keep electing liberals with all the conservatives I’ve met it was always the same response.
              We can’t compete, Democrats spend a ton of money bussing hud residents to the election booth.
              Most said they don’t even try because it was pointless. I bet if they thought their vote would count they would show up. If I lived in San Francisco or Queens I probably wouldn’t want to waste my time driving to vote either.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                If only the folks who crafted our State constitution would have been so wise.
                ditto

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  Bragging about the popular vote is like claiming your football team won because they had more time of possession. That's not how score is kept so that's not how the game is played. When I voted in 2016 I left President unchecked. You can bet your *** if it was chosen by popular vote I would've voted Trump.
                  Good analogy sir, thanks!
                  Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  None of that matters with gerrymandering.
                  Sadly that practice is big time for both parties!
                  Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  It is ironic. For all the Trump haters griping about it, the founders set up the electoral college to prevent a guy like him (as the Democrats describe him) from winning the presidency. They feared that a popular vote could allow a majority mob of uneducated rabble to elect someone who is unfit or even a tyrant. They worried that a populist president appealing directly to the people could command dangerous amounts of power. Allowing the states to elect the president as opposed to a direct vote was designed to act as a buffer - the elites could take control if they had too.
                  ..........and this would be FACT!

Comment

Working...
                  X