No announcement yet.

Grim Reaper Mini Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just shot my buck with these mini mag pro series. Love the penetration, shorter blade length to open on contact I feel like less momentum loss. They fly true from what I can tell. Amazing blood trail. Mine deployed just fine and was a complete pass through. I was shooting the WT special 3 blade. 1 3/8” PS. I’ll most likely stick to these mini mags. No complaints on either head though.

Comment

Was checking these out at my local pro shop the other day, they look killer! May grab a set for some axis doe in the next few months!

Comment

Any more updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          Any more updates?
          I havent been back out. I'm going after turkey on Thursday and bringing my bow along with my scattergun.. would love to have the chance to test them on a big tom.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
            I havent been back out. I'm going after turkey on Thursday and bringing my bow along with my scattergun.. would love to have the chance to test them on a big tom.

Ok, Cool.
            Good luck. Looking forward to seeing more info on him.

Comment

Report back with some data. I've been wanting to try the 4 blades for a while.

Comment

Even the trocar tip is sharp af..

Can confirm as well! They will get you if you aren't careful

Shooting the Micro Hybrid like BoneThug but that new tip is SHAAAAAAARP!!

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                  Bet it’ll make a good exit hole.. would like to know how they do
                  Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  Report back with some data. I've been wanting to try the 4 blades for a while.
                  Proof in the pudding..
                  Caught top of right lung, center punching the arteries leaving top of heart, and 12ringing the offside lung.

Most deer mule kick when hit, this doe nearly fell to the ground on impact. Most blood I've ever seen on a trail. She fell in sight, but barely made it more than 20 yards. If you have fb or email, I can send the video of the shot.

Comment

Proof in the pudding..
                    Caught top of right lung, center punching the arteries leaving top of heart, and 12ringing the offside lung.

Most deer mule kick when hit, this doe nearly fell to the ground on impact. Most blood I've ever seen on a trail. She fell in sight, but barely made it more than 20 yards. If you have fb or email, I can send the video of the shot.

About to pm you. Congrats! That’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Been looking for a reliable and durable mechanical head for a while. Given the impeccable reputation of the grim reaper whitetail special, I decided to give these a shot. They are 4 blade and built like a tank. Even the trocar tip is sharp af.. cannot wait to field test them..

I'm using the 100 grain and the results have been amazing, but I have to say that looking at your pics of the 125 grain version, those look a lot better to me. Like the whole head is a more robust design.
                      Maybe I'll switch to those next year.

Comment

What do y'all think would be the minimum draw weight/DL, to use for these broadheads? I'm wondering if they would work for my wife's setup. 40# 27" DL.

Comment

I picked up some yesterday. Hoping to “Watch em fall”

Comment

Micro hybrids are NAAAAASTY so I’m sure these are just as bad. Shot a doe with the micro hybrids in January and the blood trail was a carpet a blind man could follow.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                              What do y'all think would be the minimum draw weight/DL, to use for these broadheads? I'm wondering if they would work for my wife's setup. 40# 27" DL.

I wouldn’t with that weight. Would be best suited with a stinger or iron will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                                I wouldn’t with that weight. Would be best suited with a stinger or iron will
                                I didn't really think it was a good idea, but I do like the looks of that head.
                                She'll keep shooting her Slick Tricks.

Comment

Working...
                                X