Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I learn?
    Always measure new strings and cables.
    Take pics of both sides of each cam and position of buss/control cable in roller guard.
    Keeping the scale in the draw board the whole time would’ve benefited me.
    Write down every twist or untwist that you do.
    Last edited by MnM; 03-13-2020, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks to all who gave feedback.

Big shoutout to Muddyfuzzy, who took time out to give me a call and hear me out.

Comment

This the way that I learned to check cam lean. Full draw with levels on each of the red circled areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not understanding the draw-board and level thing. You should be able to draw, look at top cam, adjust, then use paper to fine-tune to take out cam lean. Glad you got the string/poundage issue figured out.

Comment

No idea

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              Not understanding the draw-board and level thing. You should be able to draw, look at top cam, adjust, then use paper to fine-tune to take out cam lean. Glad you got the string/poundage issue figured out.
              I found that when the ATA was not level, it changed my cam timing.

My cam lean would change if the front to back wasn’t level. The weight of the bow naturally tipped toward the front, or stabilizer side. Similar to torquing your bow to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
                I found that when the ATA was not level, it changed my cam timing.

My cam lean would change if the front to back wasn’t level. The weight of the bow naturally tipped toward the front, or stabilizer side. Similar to torquing your bow to the right.
                You lost me here, but I’m technically challenged. Glad you’ve found a way that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  You lost me here, but I’m technically challenged. Glad you’ve found a way that works for you.

He’s talking about how the bow settles at full draw with the draw board. It’s usually not plumb so it kinda gives you a false read on the timing with the cable stops. My Elite does the same thing when it’s locked up at full draw on the board. It less of an issue when the bow is in the hand than when it’s resting on a round peg in a draw board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X