Starter camera recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter camera recommendations

Just recently had our first kid on Christmas day and she is wanting a decent camera to start recording the moments with has the kid grows. What would be yalls suggestion for some one with 0 camera experience to get there feet wet for a couple hundred bucks? Will probably eventually upgrade to something nicer but doesn't need to be fancy while she is learning is my thoughts but I am clueless on these things.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Are you wanting a compact point and shoot type or something with interchangeable lenses?

Comment

I would say interchangeable lens? At least I think that is what she is wanting.

Comment

You are a ways away but I just listed a Canon T3I which isn’t a bad starter camera and pretty affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
          I would say interchangeable lens? At least I think that is what she is wanting.

Good choice

Something like a used Sony A6000, a Fuji X-T10, cheaper Canon or Nikon body and a cheap 50mm lens would be a really awesome start with a high quality camera that's not going to break the bank.

Comment

I have a Canon XSi with a battery grip that I’d be willing to sell. I don’t have any lenses to go with it, but you can get a 50 f1.8 for about $100

Comment

Working...
            X