Time for a Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a Change

I have been in a management role for more than 20 years and this current role is one that I have been questioned more than ever. I am very confident in the job I do, how I handle staff and issues, and my ability to deliver to the expectations placed on me and my staff.
    It is due to the constant questioning of my management of my location I have taken the leap and turned in my resignation today. This has been a very educational role, but I cannot continue to work where I am questioned on every managerial decision I make. My boss has ZERO confidence in the job that I do daily, yet he recruited me to take this position. I feel like he is in way over his head for the position he has, but that is my opinion.
    Not trying to bash my boss or the company, but I feel like it is time to move on...
    RANT OVER

Glad you got that off your chest……sometimes it just has to be done. Best of luck to ya

Comment

Good luck my friend. Nothing worse than working for someone and not being trusted. Keep your faith strong. Everything happens for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you are making a great decision health wise. Constant micro managing brings on undo stress. Life is to short and resumes are cheap.

Comment

Good luck OP. I was laid off from a toxic environment like that back in 2019 after many years with a company. One of the best things to ever happen career wise.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
            Good luck OP. I was laid off from a toxic environment like that back in 2019 after many years with a company. One of the best things to ever happen career wise.
            Same here! I was laid off from my company after 30 years. Never realized what a toxic environment I was in until I found another job where people respect each other and give encouragement instead of blame. Then I had another great company offer me a position that really made me realize how a good company treats their employees.

You made the right choice. Go where you are appreciated.

Comment

Having worked for other International Companies before, I am fully aware of how this will work out in the long term. Not my first Rodeo if you get what I mean.
              It amazes me that some people in managerial roles that are only in for themselves, regardless of how the staff that reports to them work or feel.
              It is pretty easy to manage people. Give open honest feedback and expectations and hold them to it. Don't say one thing and do something else. Trust the people you put in positions to do the job they are hired for and when they don't discuss why. Pretty simple, yet missed by so many upper management people

Comment

Congrats!

Resigning from my senior management role 3 years ago was one of the best decisions I've ever made

Comment

Congrats on the move, I bet it will pay off for you. My Dad did the same thing almost a decade ago, the company was micro managing everything and I had never seen him more unhappy and stressed. Flash forward to now and he is running the most successful branch in the new company without any cooperate intervention, never seen him happier. I don't know if he could ever tell how much different he acted when working for a crappy company, but I could sure tell! I bet a move for you may change more than just your work life, good luck on your future endeavors!

Comment

I had one of those managers. No matter what decision I made, it was wrong. To the point where on a few occasions I told them I handled a situation differently than I actually did. After the lecture was over (them telling me how I should've done it) I'd let them know I actually took care of it in the exact way they just described. To no ones surprise, that only made the situation worse.

Life is too short.

Comment

I spent many, many years in service management positions that were responsible for 24/7 service, from foreman up to corporate management. When my last child was about to graduate from college I decided that was the last management job I would have. Thankfully, I was technically proficient in many areas besides the management side. Since I was both very experienced in the technical and managerial roles, I went to work as a "problem solver". I told them that I never wanted the word "manager" associated with my name again. In management, I did the same thing every day...different names and faces, but basically the same thing. Solving the big problems was like a new adventure every day. Never regretted leaving management.

Comment

Must be something in the air. My wife left her career job Friday for the same reasons. Upper management sometimes isn't the best. On to greener pastures brother.

Comment

Does this mean more time in Kansas come fall?

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Big Congrats! First line supervisors have the hardest job in my opinion.

Nothing worse to the detriment of a corporation/agency than a second line manager that doesn’t know or can’t do their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              Does this mean more time in Kansas come fall?

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                              I sure hope so. The company I am going back to are very hunter friendly. In fact they contacted me and said "We Need you back" not want, but NEED. I went to interview and found they have implemented numerous documents I created when I was there before and use them daily.
                              Being wanted/needed in a position is actually making me want to go back sooner than the 25th if July.
                              I have a exit interview today wit HR and a Senior Management staff member. I plan on being open,honest and forthright with every answer they ask. Not gunning for anyone's job or position, just telling them what I see, hear, and feel

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X