Rest question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest question

I have a trophy taker drop away and I am having trouble with my 4 fletched arrows having a vane knocked off. Is there a better test for 4 fletched arrows or a good way to modify the rest. I have adjusted the timing so it drops as fast as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which bow?

Could the arrow be hitting the cable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Or the rest could be bouncing from the shelf.

Is it always the same position vane missing?

Comment

I am shooting a Bow Tech BTX MAG
        I am not sure on weather it is the same vane or not. I will have to research that.

Comment

Spring is really strong on the rest so I don’t know if it could bounce.

Comment

Get some foot spray powder and mark the fletchings to help you identify where it's contacting the rest. Rest cord could be out of timing and windage/elevation could be off. You might even be contacting the guard if nock is too high or rest too low. The powder should mark the contact area somewhere on your rest to give you something to work with since you can't see the moment of contact in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
              Get some foot spray powder and mark the fletchings to help you identify where it's contacting the rest. Rest cord could be out of timing and windage/elevation could be off. You might even be contacting the guard if nock is too high or rest too low. The powder should mark the contact area somewhere on your rest to give you something to work with since you can't see the moment of contact in real time.
              Great advice amd shoot some paper also

Comment

Paper tune is perfect. Bullet holes with bare shaft. I will try the foot powder that’s a good idea.

Comment

Where do you have the cable attached on the bow? Trophy takers can be finicky with the amount of limb travel since it varies from bow to bow.

Comment

Working...
                  X