Cornbread for breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornbread for breakfast?

Heading west for a turkey hunt, and I have to cook for a older guy and was planning on cooking some cornbread one night and serving the leftovers for breakfast? Cornbread + butter + honey or molasses and some honey baked ham
    Or should I just take a box of Raisin Bran ?
    My wife was cornbread for breakfast? Yuck
    The oven is broken so it’s Dutch oven or bust

My mom used to make cornmeal waffles, basically cornbread made in an electric waffle iron. Soaked in syrup with bacon, sausage or ham and soaked in syrup. Ain’t healthy, but it was darn good

Comment

very long time ago watch my granddad, put cornbread in a bowl of buttermilk and drink coffee from plate dish. that was his breakfast.

Comment

I've had em all as y'all described . . [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Cornbread soaked in milk is awesome.

Comment

Warm cornbread and cold milk is dang good!

Comment

Cornbread for breakfast will work, no problem or complaints.

Comment

Leftover Cornbread and sweetmilk is what we had for ceral growing up. Still have it for breakfast when there are leftovers mmmmm......mmmmmm.......good !!!!!! Just saying .

Comment

crumble it in a glass of sweet milk or butter milk for the old folks. You'll be a hero.

Comment

Serve cornbread and bacon with charro beans from night before and 2 fried eggs over hard/easy…per inquiry.

Get some MrRanch. Get some MrOlderGuy. Gobble gobble.

Comment

Sounds awesome! Be sure to have some room temp butter on the table too.
                      If your recipe does not have oil in it-Substitute about a third of your water or milk with vegetable oil when mixing, thank me later.
                      This will really help maintain your moisture when you bake it.

Comment

What do you consider older guy? The reason I am asking not to be a SA but most folks o know in their 60/70/80s eat what I would call normal. Now if he has health conditions that would be a totally different story.
                        You know most of us older guys still have teeth. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                          What do you consider older guy? The reason I am asking not to be a SA but most folks o know in their 60/70/80s eat what I would call normal. Now if he has health conditions that would be a totally different story.
                          You know most of us older guys still have teeth. Lol
                          Doc is 81 and is a picky eater , his son , wife or daughter usually
                          Wake up early and make a sit down breakfast ( beacon, eggs, potatoes)

Comment

crumble the cornbread up ,add a few beaten eggs,cheese sausage ham or whatever. will make a heck of a breakfast hash/casserole. chopped green onions and lil pico or picante and you have a winner!

Comment

I grew up poor as hell, cornbread and fresh milk was a staple. I usually put real butter and ribbon cane syrup on mine. No wonder I was such a fat kid !

Comment

Working...
                              X