Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Littering still a fineable offense?

Is there still a law against littering?
    Anyone ever known anyone that received one?
    Is thumping out cigarette butts out the window or crushing them out on the ground littering?
    Is throwing out cans littering if someone can pick them up and sell them?
    Is throwing out food littering if it can decompose?

Tuesday afternoon Brain Fog questions.

The world is an ashtray for smokers.

Comment

Yes littering is still a thing

My buddy sitting in my front seat of my truck opened up a Budweiser beer and dropped it
      It turned into a beer volcano! So he quickly pitched it out the window, a game warden was driving couple cars back , and lite us up , buddy fessed up and he received a $480 fine
      And I have had cardboard blown out of the truck and was pulled over, luckily was given the opportunity to turn around and pick it up with a written warning

In Hawaii cigarette butts are a huge no no , my mother a heavy smoker got a $1000 fine in Maui for pitching out a cigarette
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-25-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

People who throw cigarette butts out the window should get 500 lashes to the beak with a wet muddy shoelace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the problem is catching them when they litter. I have an adopt a highway south of rocksprings and it is atrocious after the season.

Comment

I won't say who, but there was an officer once that if he saw you throw a cigarette out the window, you got a ticket. Back in the day when you could smoke during basic training, and this guy didn't smoke, but they had to do "butt patrol" every so often on the military base, got sick of seeing this nasty habit of just throwing it anywhere. He is also one that saw some punk teenager empty an ashtray in the parking lot of a QT once, right in front of the elderly lady employee that was sweeping the parking lot. That young man got a choice, that his parents wholeheartdly supported, and that was to sweep the entire parking lot for the company one afternoon or get ticket with the maximum fine imposed.

Same officer also saw the fire marshall once write a guy a ticket because "Joe" had thrown a lit cigarette butt out the window, said officer stopped him for the violation and all of sudden had to call the fire department because it started a grass fire.

So in a nutshell, YUP....

Comment

As it should be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                People who throw cigarette butts out the window should get 500 lashes to the beak with a wet muddy shoelace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I could not agree more.

Comment

Don't mess with Texas !

Comment

It drives me crazy when someone throws down or tosses a cigarette butt out the car window. You can fill this out.

Comment

And, secure yo corn bags!

Comment

What about empty corn bags?

Comment

yes

Comment

I have a half mile of highway frontage and I have to pick up after those slobs all the time. ****** me off big time too.

Comment

Burt Reynolds died.

Comment

Working...
                              X