2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
    YouTube Texas Fishing Tips for that area. Pretty good current info posted weekly by guides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve always wondered if the reports were accurate…just pulled in to Rockport myself, gonna try to hit it early in the morning and see what I can find, be headed out of Cove Harbor and probably stay between Estes and Stedman and hopefully avoid some of the crowds either way, keeping my fingers crossed that I can find some fish for the wife and girls when they get here

Comment

Tough fishing this morning for me in POC. I caught an 18 inch trout at 6:05 on top. Next fish was 17 inches at 9:05. Called it a morning around 10:00. I’ll give them another go in the morning.

Comment

Tx Dis. Sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Tx Dis. Sent you a PM.
          Good on you brother

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks to the fellas who PM’ed me I appreciate it! One of many reasons TBH is special and unlike any other forum

Comment

Glen. We had some things come up and won’t be able to get to rockport till Tuesday now. Will shoot you a pm when we finally make it.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                Thanks to the fellas who PM’ed me I appreciate it! One of many reasons TBH is special and unlike any other forum
                Yes sir it is

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  Tough fishing this morning for me in POC. I caught an 18 inch trout at 6:05 on top. Next fish was 17 inches at 9:05. Called it a morning around 10:00. I’ll give them another go in the morning.

It was real tough for me today in Matagorda. I did really well on an afternoon trip friday. We caught trout all afternoon. Went right back in and fished the same places this morning and it was dead, dead, dead. SW wind and high pressure I guess. The guys I talked to who fished yesterday and today did poor except for the croaker dudes who scratched out some fish.

Gonna give 'er a go again tomorrow. They have to eat again sooner or later.

Comment

How was the traffic down there Glenn?

Comment

John didn't do any good on the far east end either. Didn't see anyone else catching either.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        Crappie

Comment

Absolutely hammered them the last two days, on a spot no bigger than a school bus. Louisiana license went up $30 this year, but worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            Not bad at all. It's a very light crowd this weekend. Less than just a run of the mill weekend. Town is pretty dang quiet and it was almost a ghost town on the water friday afternoon and today. I think I saw 5 or 6 guides leave out with parties this morning total. Crazy for a holiday weekend. We'll see how it goes the next two days.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              John didn't do any good on the far east end either. Didn't see anyone else catching either.
                              I didn't see a fish caught until about 9am. Water looked good, but dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                                Not bad at all. It's a very light crowd this weekend. Less than just a run of the mill weekend. Town is pretty dang quiet and it was almost a ghost town on the water friday afternoon and today. I think I saw 5 or 6 guides leave out with parties this morning total. Crazy for a holiday weekend. We'll see how it goes the next two days.
                                They're all in Aransas not really, but Cove Harbor was fairly busy for sure. I talked to one guy while waiting to load the boat this evening who said he had a few interesting moments with other boaters. The only crazy things I saw were jet skis doing jet ski things typical crossing wakes at far to close of quarters, turning on a dime and running right across in front of boats, etc...but I did see one fella come up in a flat, and I tried to wave him to the opposite side of me from where he was headed before he run smooth up on top of an oyster reef. That was a sickening sound, one I hope I never hear connected to my boat for sure. I don't know what he was looking at, the tip of the reef was clearly visible just a few yards from where he hit it. Hopefully his damage isn't as awful as the sound of the jet ski connecting to the oysters was

Ended the day with one 19" speck...but from my visit with TPWD at the ramp, most folks she had talked to hadn't caught much of anything to speak of

Comment

Working...
                                X