X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F350 shocks

Time for some new front shocks.

Truck is stock, no lift or leveling kit running BFG 275/85/18

A friend put some Bilstiens 5100s on his F350 and said the ride got really stiff

Thanks
    Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same truck and still running the stock shocks but have some friends who swear by the Rancho 9000's because they are adjustable.
    I will look at them when I replace mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used the Bilsteins on mine and thought it improved the ride

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
        I've used the Bilsteins on mine and thought it improved the ride
        Agree with this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
          Time for some new front shocks.

Truck is stock, no lift or leveling kit running BFG 275/85/18

A friend put some Bilstiens 5100s on his F350 and said the ride got really stiff

Thanks
          Mike
          You can put any conventional shock you want on an F350 and it's still going to be stiff. I put Bilstein 5100s on mine a few months ago plus a Bilstein steering stabilizer and it rides considerably better than it did on OEMs.

Comment

Bilstein's is the way to go.

Comment

Always had good luck with bilstein or rancho. I believe the shocks on the fx 4 package on fords are rancho's.

Comment

Bilsteins the way to go. It's a ford not going to be smooth no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                  You can put any conventional shock you want on an F350 and it's still going to be stiff. I put Bilstein 5100s on mine a few months ago plus a Bilstein steering stabilizer and it rides considerably better than it did on OEMs.

All the way around or just the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just put Bilsteins on mine (250) about a month ago and really like them so far. The ride has improved immensely, especially pulling our camper. I had Rancho's which only made it about 30-40k before 3 of 4 went bad. Stock shocks made it more than 100k.

Comment

I put 5100's on my F250 and my ride quality improved but my stock ones were completely wore out so I am sure any shock would have helped my situation.

Comment

I put maxed-out 5100s on the front of my F150 and noticed no negative change to the ride quality. Would highly recommend.

Comment

Fox 2.0

I’ve smoked rears blisteins 5100 under 10k on wash board roads and a trailer. Literally where smoking with oil leaking out. Same road same trailer no issues with 2.0.

Comment

I have a 2012 F350. I replaced the stock shocks with Blisteins 2 years ago. To me, it did not improve the ride..
                            Attached Files
                            Lesto!!

Comment

I put Bilstein 5100s and a steering stabilizer on my F250 about 8 months ago. All good so far. It won't be night and day difference, but there's no shock out there (in the consumer/affordable range) that will be. They're all fairly close to one another in performance but the difference will be longevity. I've heard nightmares about Fox - and also nightmares about Bilstein. Probably all comes down to how the truck is used.

Also - for the biggest ride difference look into doing silicone body mounts (S&S makes some). I put these on my truck and it was a major noticeable difference. Stock ones weren't completely roasted yet either. They're not cheap. But worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X