No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice recap of your hunt, thanks for sharing.
    Congrats

Comment

great recap and congrats

Comment

Thats awesome. Most people have no idea how big an elk is until they get one one on the ground. Thanks for the recap and congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Yep ...you're guaranteed now. [emoji16]

Well lookie there…. I drew!

The benefits of applying for the least desired tags, and most arduous hunts, is that it takes FAR less time to draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When do they start the draw for non residents?

Comment

Oklahoma Elk Hunt

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
              When do they start the draw for non residents?

I am a nonresident, I think draws should be complete as of this morning. Check your email or the GoOutdoorsOk app.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                Draws should be complete. Check your email or the GoOutdoorsOk app.

I mean for next year when do they start the application process?
                Sorry should have clarified

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                  I mean for next year when do they start the application process?
                  Sorry should have clarified

Draws open late April / early May. I think they are open for 5-6 weeks.

Comment

I struck out. 15 pts

Comment

Well lookie there…. I drew!

The benefits of applying for the least desired tags, and most arduous hunts, is that it takes FAR less time to draw.

Good luck that walk in hunt is in a different part of the WMA

Comment

That's great Isaac. Did you draw for the walk in or one of the others? Bull or cow?

Comment

Originally posted by swain_130 View Post
                          That's great Isaac. Did you draw for the walk in or one of the others? Bull or cow?

Walk-in Cow.
                          I decided that waiting 15-20 years for a bull was less of my goal than a freezer full of elk meat and a cool pack-out hunt. Didn’t even put in for one of the either-sex tags.

Even for the whitetail draws, I typically go for some of the more obscure draws, especially if they are hard hunting. I figure I might stand a better chance of getting drawn.

Comment

Little blast from the past I know....

Anyone put in for this year? I think today is the deadline. I've put it off (putting in for the draw). Guess I need to decide what I want to apply for and if I'm going to apply at all. I didn't apply last year for no really good reason.

Comment

I decided to not apply this year. It burns my 4 deer points, but the only draws I’m interested in are Wichita Mountains and McAlester… both of which take a dozen points or more (especially with the switch to true preference points). If I knew for certain I would be hunting Oklahoma this fall, I would do it. But, as of now my season is a tossup wether I will get it or not.

Comment

I decided to not apply this year. It burns my 4 deer points, but the only draws I’m interested in are Wichita Mountains and McAlester… both of which take a dozen points or more (especially with the switch to true preference points). If I knew for certain I would be hunting Oklahoma this fall, I would do it. But, as of now my season is a tossup wether I will get it or not.

it didnt go to true PP like Colorado.

basically just broke allocation out from Elk and Antelope draws. Meaning 1/2 the tags go into a 20 plus point pool

Comment

Working...
                                X