No announcement yet.

Lake Amistad 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to stop by visitor center when I was there last and it was closed to public until further notice.

Comment

This would seem to be a prime spot. Too bad it's closed!

Comment

Update guys, been out on #5 for the past couple weeks, seen 200+ sheep on the private land on the Lakeshore while I was kayaking to #4, so there's still lots of sheep left, but few and far between on the hunt area, saw 3 large ram aoudad on 5 last week, they didn't hang around though, also lots of sheep east of the 377 bridge, seen a herd of axis over there in the flats to boot

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Good news.

Comment

Originally posted by huntozarks View Post
            Update guys, been out on #5 for the past couple weeks, seen 200+ sheep on the private land on the Lakeshore while I was kayaking to #4, so there's still lots of sheep left, but few and far between on the hunt area, saw 3 large ram aoudad on 5 last week, they didn't hang around though, also lots of sheep east of the 377 bridge, seen a herd of axis over there in the flats to boot

Now those are the type of numbers we're used to. Good luck!

Comment

It's cool the Aoudad are showing up in #5.

Comment

Originally posted by huntozarks View Post

All great news!!

Comment

Anyone been out there lately??? I want to go out there a scout anyone done this during off-season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was out on my mountain bike just north of area 5 a couple weeks back… I did not see much but did not really go into the hunting area. It has been extremely dry and the lake is over 60 feet low… not sure there is much vegetation for them to feed on. Going to be a hard year for all the wildlife out there…

Comment

Somebody swim out to the middle and put the plug back in the bottom of this lake, please!

Comment

Last week. If your going for kayak and hiking… wear good shoes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Went and checked there website today. IT SAYS 2022-2023 HUNTING SEASON CLOSED!!!!
                          Well that stinks!!

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
                            Went and checked there website today. IT SAYS 2022-2023 HUNTING SEASON CLOSED!!!!
                            Well that stinks!!
                            That looks to me like they typo'd the 2021-2022. For this coming season it still says to check back and they have 2021-2022 info up still.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              That looks to me like they typo'd the 2021-2022. For this coming season it still says to check back and they have 2021-2022 info up still.
                              It was on their home messages

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
                                It was on their home messages
                                Yeah I see it, to me it reads as if "the season has ended, wait for info to be posted for next season" to me. Drought and lake levels probably wouldn't be a reason to cancel hunting anyway, most people walk in so doesn't change much.

Comment

Working...
                                X