No announcement yet.

Rem 700 Long Action Standard Bolt Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do a fast twist 270win or a 270 Sherman!!

Comment

How about a straight 284 Win? Basically a ballistic twin to a 280 but you really can take advantage of the heavy and long VLD's in that long action. Brass availability hasnt been an issue for this caliber from what I can tell.

Comment

I have a .280 Rem, and I love it. The AI would be a little hotter. I can 140 grain pills at about 3000fps.

Comment

I’d probably go 30-06. 110 vmax at 3300ish is hell on hogs and it doesn’t kick much at all. Load up some 180s for the big stuff if you need to.

Comment

280 AI gets my vote.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a 280AI built like a Remington Sendero. The recoil with 162's isn't bad at all. That's with a brake or suppressor I've never shot it without one.

Comment

Sounding more and more like 280AI. It seems to keep popping up and it should do everything I want it to do and more.

Comment

It's already chambered in one of the best hunting calibers there is, and brass, bullets, and factory ammo is pretty easy to find...

Comment

I have been shooting a 260 Rem for the past few years and really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                      It's already chambered in one of the best hunting calibers there is, and brass, bullets, and factory ammo is pretty easy to find...
                      It doesn't shoot up to my standards. And its just an ugly ole BDL. I am bored with original. It may end up being a 270 twisted to shoot the heavies. Who knows until I actually order the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        6.5-280AI. Simple neck down from 280 AI, minimal fireforming (if any) required.

Run a 7-7.5 twist to run heavy cup/core or lighter weight monos to scratch your speed itch.

I’m running a 260AI with 125 Badlands monos at a very comfortable 3150 with zero pressure signs. You’d likely gain 100-150 fps in a long action cartridge.

I’m testing 150 ABLRs right now at just under 3000fps.

24” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I have 6.5x280ai and I love it. Granted I’ve only shot 25rnds through it I was able to outperform the prc slightly with no problems.

Comment

338-06. What other calibers do you have? .280, .280AI, and .30-06 or another .270 are the most practical choices.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                            338-06. What other calibers do you have? .280, .280AI, and .30-06 or another .270 are the most practical choices.
                            Currently I have 223AI, 25-06AI, 7-08, 308, 300 Weatherby. Trying to make this one easy to shoot for kids and new shooters. I don't really want it to weigh 16lbs, but it needs to be something first time shooters and kids are comfortable with. I guess I am really waiting on someone to say "You have to build a 6-06, it is awesome". I have dies for all of the calibers you listed except the 338-06 and 280AI. You would think my decision would be a little easier. But here we are

Comment

Working...
                            X