Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badlands
    Huntworth
    great companies who produce triple layer jackets with hood to keep you warm for a long period

Comment

My dad used to buy from SITKA GEAR, DRAKE HUNTING APPAREL and KRYPTEK HUNTING. They have quality products, in this Halloween season you can get your clothing at discounted rates by using Halloween Coupons.

Comment

Early season long sleeve cotton shirt and pair of camo pants

How cold does it get where you hunt?

In East Texas I can make it most season with a windblocker fleece pull over and vary what is under
        Always walk to stand with pull over strapped to pack so I don't get hot / sweat

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Lots of good clothes, but very few good quiet clothes. If you can scratch down it with your finger and hear it, it is too loud. A lot of fleece stuff has liners that are loud. For bow hunting you need to touch and feel before you buy. I have some Wall coveralls that are warm and quiet. It is a very hard combo that gun hunters don't have to worry about.
          this big time. one of the biggest issues with windstopper liners is they make crinkling noise. more so as they age.

Comment

Badlands

Another vote for Badlands. They warranty their stuff for life. I like the idea that if I rip it, they'll replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
              Anyone try Kuiu Gear?
              I have the Kuiu Super Down Pro insulated pants and jacket that I wear when it's in the 30's and below. They are very warm but they aren't quiet. I have still been able to draw my bow back without deer hearing but you have to be careful and move very slow. I just love how lightweight they are but they are expensive so I always wait for them to have a sale and then purchase their gear.

Comment

When cold. Wool. Merino wool. Base layers with scent lock mid. If I get real cold I have 100% wool bibs and jacket. Allows me to run 3 layers in cold and I’m not bulky to draw a bow back.

Comment

I wear Firstlite wool base layers pretty much all season. They have several different weights to choose from. I found some pretty good deals on Sitka, i picked mid weight camo from them. Badlands had some of their fleece on sale recently, very warm, not a fan of the pattern, but the deer didn't mind. I also found a very warm Kings Camo jacket on CamoFire that I pull out when its really cold. Keep an eye out for deals.

Comment

Is Sitka really worth the money

Comment

Originally posted by mikel View Post
                      I wear Firstlite wool base layers pretty much all season. They have several different weights to choose from. I found some pretty good deals on Sitka, i picked mid-weight camo from them. Badlands had some of their fleece on sale recently return policy, very warm, not a fan of the pattern, but the deer didn't mind. I also found a very warm Kings Camo jacket on CamoFire that I pull out when its really cold. Keep an eye out for deals.
                      Trust me this thread was started in 2014 and you guys are suggesting him now.
                      LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X