Littering still a fineable offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Littering still a fineable offense?

I stay in my own lane most of the time and keep to myself; however, I will stop whatever I am doing and shame anybody that I see litter. I mean this isn’t the 80’s…..everybody knows its bs to litter. The worst is when you get out and walk the shorelines of any bay system, the trash is overwhelming.

[emoji1662]

Comment

Yes, it is!!! I know several people who have received a DWI because of litter out of the back of their truck while driving down the road/freeway. A beer can flew out and they got pulled over..... ALSO, i can't stand deer hunters who fill their feeders and throw the empty bags in the truck bed. I have 1.5 miles of road frontage and during deer season i am daily picking up your corn bags!! Please stop throwing in bed of truck, they blow out!!

Comment

Absolutely hate it and go out of my way to catch/report people. Called the county Sherrif last month and reported where someone had been dumping household trash, not sure it did any good but had to try.

It’s really just not that hard to not litter.

Comment

Texas health and safety code 365.012

Comment

I wish the open container law would get repealed. Beer drinkers toss their cans in the ditch so they don’t get busted for oc. When it rains beer cans float and wind up in creeks. It’s unbelievable how many beer cans I find in the creeks on my places after a heavy rain.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
              Don't mess with Texas !
              X2, just don’t.

Comment

Heck, I like to toss out my cigarette butts so the volunteer firemen can get to play with their toys

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  I wish the open container law would get repealed. Beer drinkers toss their cans in the ditch so they don’t get busted for oc. When it rains beer cans float and wind up in creeks. It’s unbelievable how many beer cans I find in the creeks on my places after a heavy rain.
                  Youd prefer that it was legal to drink and drive?

Comment

I think they are just trashy people.

I know people do not know this because most people are ignorant of these laws but you cannot go to jail for an open container. You can go to jail for littering.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      I have a half mile of highway frontage and I have to pick up after those slobs all the time. ****** me off big time too.
                      Yes sir I feel your pain. I keep my section of the highway mowed and picked up also. Definitely low life trashy azz people in this world.

Comment

This wouldn’t help the low life’s that trash imho. But I understand your thought process on this matter.

Comment

TEXAS Law on Illegal Dumping

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            The world is an ashtray for smokers.
                            And people that drink water in a plastic bottles, both bad which one is worse?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              People who throw cigarette butts out the window should get 500 lashes to the beak with a wet muddy shoelace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              And people that throw out plastic water bottles also!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                I have a half mile of highway frontage and I have to pick up after those slobs all the time. ****** me off big time too.
                                Same here. If I catch 'em, its gonna be too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X