No announcement yet.

Gleaton Chip Ranch Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ended up getting set up with NextLink for WiFi. The WiFi coverage at the house, front yard, back yard, and in the barn is awesome! Before, we only had a hot spot which was hit or miss and only allowed 3 or 4 users at a time. Now we are set up with high speed Wifi and can connect up to 20 people at once. We paid for the 100mb/s download speed and tested out this past weekend with zero issues. Both kids were watching their show/playing their game on their I-pad while my wife was watching Netflix and I was working and we had no lag times. NextLink doesn’t use satellite, it’s point-to-point. If anyone needs a contact, please let me know and I’ll be happy to send you the guys information.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
      We ended up getting set up with NextLink for WiFi. The WiFi coverage at the house, front yard, back yard, and in the barn is awesome! Before, we only had a hot spot which was hit or miss and only allowed 3 or 4 users at a time. Now we are set up with high speed Wifi and can connect up to 20 people at once. We paid for the 100mb/s download speed and tested out this past weekend with zero issues. Both kids were watching their show/playing their game on their I-pad while my wife was watching Netflix and I was working and we had no lag times. NextLink doesn’t use satellite, it’s point-to-point. If anyone needs a contact, please let me know and I’ll be happy to send you the guys information.
      Can you pm me the info? Price etc? We are west of Menard on Waddell

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
        Can you pm me the info? Price etc? We are west of Menard on Waddell
        Just sent you a PM.

Comment

We ended up purchasing the 1,250lb ASF protein feeder. We will be filling our three free choice protein feeders tomorrow and will top off the two timed protein feeders as well as fill up all 8 cottonseed stations. Going to get these deer fed and put some weight back on these post rut bucks while trying to shoot another 4 or 5 doe and another cull buck or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We found a real big doe this morning that was killed by coyotes most likely. Not sure what happened but we didn’t find a bullet hole or anything like that. She was an old doe so not sure what was the cause of death. Going to set up a trail camera on her to see what comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post

We found a real big doe this morning that was killed by coyotes most likely. Not sure what happened but we didn’t find a bullet hole or anything like that. She was an old doe so not sure what was the cause of death. Going to set up a trail camera on her to see what comes in.

Be sure to post game pics when you get them! we wanna know

Comment

We had a doe die behind the house in bow season
                Big, healthy, and no predator. Anxious to see the game cam photos.

Comment

Texas Snow! The trailer is filled up with cottonseed.

Comment

Old Crab Claw hit the dirt this evening thanks to my brothers nephew. This buck has looked virtually the same for the past 3 years. They shot him and two doe today so we are down to 1 or 2 cull bucks remaining and 4 doe.

Comment

The buffet is open! All corn, protein, and cottonseed feeders are full.

We really need some rain! The plots had some great forage growing in October but nothing much has been growing since then. We need some rain so these plots will offer some growth through spring time but I’m not going to hold my breath. Fingers crossed for rain!

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                        Be sure to post game pics when you get them! we wanna know
                        Honestly, from the amount eaten, that looks like it could be a Bobcat kill plus I think I am seeing bite marks on her neck?
                        And coyotes would have ripped her guts out.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Honestly, from the amount eaten, that looks like it could be a Bobcat kill plus I think I am seeing bite marks on her neck?
                            And coyotes would have ripped her guts out.

That’s exactly what I thought. We put a camera on it and will check the card in 5 days or so.

Comment

Wifi Weather Station Installed

My brothers and I purchased an Ambient Weather station WS-2000 for our dad's birthday. We got it mounted to the game pole and it's connected via Wifi so we can get live weather data through the Ambient Weather app and WeatherUndergound. It will text us anytime we are receiving rain and will provide rainfall event information (i.e. the amount of total rain, the rainfall/hour during the event, etc.). Weatherunderground will actually use our personal station and use it for reporting along with the Weather Channel.
                              Here are some pictures of the set up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather Station (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	24673453

Name:	Weather Station 1 (Large).jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	24673454

Name:	Weather Station 2 (Large).jpg
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	24673455

Now we just need some rain so we can test out the rainfall monitoring system.

Comment

I’m sick to report that this deer was shot this weekend mistakenly as the hunter was going after an 9pt cull buck and shot this 5yr old instead. We had really high hopes for this buck over the next two years but it is what it is. He ended up grossing 142in and were hoping he would be 150+ within the next two years and be a great trophy for one of us. This was a huge learning experience for me as I will be sure either myself, my brothers, or my dad will be in the blind for all buck hunts. I had pictures in the blind that showed what buck they needed to shoot but that was obviously not enough. The only reason I’m bringing this up is so others do not have to go through this same situation and learn from my mistake bc it was a tough situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X