No announcement yet.

Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother went down last week and said it had the most pigs he has ever seen there.☹️

Comment

Joining in, my place has been hard to hunt this year! my daughter did kill her first doe with a compound but all the deer are super skidish and nothing over 3.5 has been seen on cameras or in person. Hope some cold weather and the Rut changes that.

Comment

I just got back yesterday after a few days hunting. I did see some deer but no big boys. Not a surprise with the moon and the warm weather. One thing I did notice is that I cannot find ANY acorns on our place. I wasn’t all over it, but in the areas why I hunted I saw zero. The deer were acting that way too, as the small ones were gobbling up every kernel of corn they could get to.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I’m heading to my lease tomorrow to top feeders off and get ready for the gun opener. We’ve also noticed no acorns the last few trips.

Comment

Really foggy this morning.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

I’m heading out after work. Not fired up about sitting in hot weather, but there’s plenty of work to be done.

Comment

I went to our place in Ft. Mckavett last weekend. Lots of deer movement all day long. Tons of deer on feeders and our hand corn spots. I'm not seeing any acorns and the does seem a bit run down. One of my boys and I killed 2 does and a hog each. i gave the boy a green light on a 6yo management 8pt but he never got a shot after drawing. The crisp mornings were heaven. Ya'll have fun this weekend and good luck.

Comment

The does are really hustling the acorns around my house and beginning to slick off and turn gray.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Good luck everyone

Comment

Smoked a couple big pigs tonight. Don’t run off my deer!

Saw a total of 5 bucks and a group of does milling around about 75 yards away. Pretty cool 7 I’d like to get my wife on or one of the kids on the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                        Smoked a couple big pigs tonight. Don’t run off my deer!

Saw a total of 5 bucks and a group of does milling around about 75 yards away. Pretty cool 7 I’d like to get my wife on or one of the kids on the place.

That’s a cool 7 Heath. Good luck to your wife and getting him on the ground.

Comment

That’s a really cool 7pt!!

Comment

When does the rut usually start in Menard?

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation on a good welder/ Barndo builder for the Menard area?

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                                When does the rut usually start in Menard?
                                I see the most activity around Thanksgiving through the first week of December.

Comment

Working...
                                X