Timney vs Trigger Tech Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timney vs Trigger Tech Reviews

I'm going to be upgrading a few items on my Remington 700 after this season and want to replace the trigger. I know Timney's are tried and true, but I've been reading some great things about the Trigger Tech's. I'd welcome any input.

Thanks,
    John

I've got both.

TT is a bit crisper. Timney HIT has some overtravel (which I like).

They're both very good. I would see which one I could get a better deal on and Buy it.

Comment

TT Special all the way-- fit perfect every time, easy to adjust, very very crisp. Every single one feels the same. I've had the various 510-512 models of Timney and they don't do it for me after a TT special.

Comment

I grew up a Timney fan. I went with Trigger Tech diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
          TT Special all the way-- fit perfect every time, easy to adjust, very very crisp. Every single one feels the same. I've had the various 510-512 models of Timney and they don't do it for me after a TT special.
          I've read this same opinion multiple times. The TT Special caught my eye. This trigger would be going on a hunting rifle. Any hesitation to use it in the field?

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
            I grew up a Timney fan. I went with Trigger Tech diamond.
            What swayed your opinion?

Comment

What poundage are y’all setting the trigger on your rifles ?

Comment

I have a
                4 of each. Both good triggers... I have broken 3 trigger techs so far. They cannot take hot loads very well.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Trigger tech diamond. 1lb 10ozs

Comment

I sent two factory Remington triggers to Neil Jones, he will polish and tune them for 75.00 and that includes shipping. He will set the poundage to whatever you want, mine are set at 1 pound and are much smoother and crisper than the standard Timney 512. I would do this before I spent 130.00 on a Timney.

Or just buy the TT Special that is adjustable to 1 pound.
                    Last edited by Radar; 12-22-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhubbz View Post
                      What swayed your opinion?
                      I have a good friend that shoots competitively talk me into it. The following was from him.

I like the adjustable You can set it to what you want. You can start 3.5 lbs

My favorite for Ar-15 is 2.5 for competition
                      Sniper rifle I like 1.5 lbs
                      Pistol I like 2.5

Adjustable triggers rock

Remember not to test trigger without installing the upper or it will damage the lower

The Jewel trigger was the standard for sniper matches and these guys came out and now everybody buys their triggers.

It is the smoothest trigger on the market.

Also something to note. Their triggers do not produce light primer strikes so you don’t have to worry about adjusting the trigger too light reducing reliability.

Also the triggers are sealed so weather is not a problem. It is the best design in the market.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Comment

Originally posted by jhubbz View Post
                        I've read this same opinion multiple times. The TT Special caught my eye. This trigger would be going on a hunting rifle. Any hesitation to use it in the field?
                        None- literally every one of my hunting bolt guns has a TT Special Flat set at 1.5lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                          What poundage are y’all setting the trigger on your rifles ?
                          2.25 or so

Comment

I don't really mean to derail the OP...….but there are obviously some experienced riflemen on this thread, so...…...I had a Timney trigger installed on my 700 BDL (replaced the factory trigger) about a year ago, and it seemed to work okay. I haven't done anything with the gun since then. When I pulled it out the other day to clean it, I noticed that the bolt stop wasn't engaging, and the bolt would just pull right out of the action. The bolt release button didn't seem to want to move, either. Anybody had an issue like this before? Thanks

Comment

Trigger tech or huber triggers hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X