Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no bobcat??

This just isn't fair! (rant over )

I've been blessed to hunt all over North America and across the big pond but the one animal my mother has asked me for has alluded me for 37 years. She wants one mounted in her house and I can't seem to make it happen! I hunt with thermals year round, spent lots of time in the blinds with my kiddos, in the woods alot all year and have been in some prime bobcat country but no luck. Is it the way I smell? Is it because I dont like the Dallas Cowboys? Tips appreciated! My momma is getting older and I need to make it happen!

Get you a predator call and make one come to you. Might not happen right away but it will happen.

Or set some traps......

Comment

I had one literally jump into the side of my truck a few months ago while I was driving down a county road. I have it in my freezer and it is virtually undamaged.

It's yours if you want it.

Comment

I know it’s not the same cause you didn’t harvest it but I do have a hole bobcat in the freezer that’s is a nice size cat I be willing to sale you at fair price. Just to help out

I trap all of mine. I have only ever called in 2 in my life time.

Comment

1) Cowboy up.

2) Go buy a mount and be done. Then the bobcat will walk out on the next sit.

Good skilling MrTamales.
          Stay on him MommaTamales.

Comment

Not liking the Cowboys is natural and is fine but you may have something with that smell.

Comment

Just need to hunt with me.
              Already shot 2 with my bow and can’t count the number with the rifle.

Comment

I killed several growing up, we still get pictures of them but I haven't seen one to kill in 5-6 years now. It used to be a yearly thing for one of us to kill them.

Comment

Wow I get 5 to 6 every year .

Comment

In my experience they are easier to call in at night. Main trick I would say is making sure you are hunting where there is bobcats

Comment

I used to see a bunch of em in my area. Not so much anymore.

Comment

I’ve got one I’d sell ya already mounted. It’s one of a kind.

Comment

Was able to get one last weekend. Deer movement got slow so 30 minutes before dark i started calling with a cheap old plastic cottontail distress hand call i keep in my blind.
                          20 minutes later i had a good cat walk under the blind, whistled when she was about 20 yards out, let the 243 bark.

I’ve killed 2 cats the exact same way. Both have come from downwind about 20 minutes after i started calling. Call hard for a minute or two then take a break for a few, repeat for 15-20 minutes. Then sit tight and see what happens.

There’s some great sources here that have waaaay more experience, i believe Gary Roberson from Carnivore (long time varmint Hunter) and guys that varmint hunt competitively that can give the best advice.
                          Hope you get one, fun to watch how stealthy they are.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I’ve got one I’d sell ya already mounted. It’s one of a kind.
                            Beat me to it

Comment

You folks are awesome! Appreciate the offer on mounts and frozen ones but it's a pride deal for me to get it for her myself. Very very appreciative of the offers!

Comment

Working...
                              X