No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinney or friday on the triangular blade. Sand can move pretty fast so 10' is not uncommon to find archaic stuff. Did you find anything else in your frame with the large triangular blade? All the stuff in your frame appears to be typical Texas archaic stuff.

Comment

Thanks, I found most of them 7-8 years ago. Honestly don't know much about them....as quarterback said....."pointy rocks"

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
        Kinney or friday on the triangular blade. Sand can move pretty fast so 10' is not uncommon to find archaic stuff. Did you find anything else in your frame with the large triangular blade? All the stuff in your frame appears to be typical Texas archaic stuff.

The large gray blade was about the same depth and within probably 10' laterally of the large triangular one

Comment

Thanks for any and all input

Comment

I would say a big preform knife or a trade piece.

Comment

Originally posted by T/Chmr View Post
              These where all found in Lampasas county, west of town about 22 miles, near Bend
              I would say you have a nice honey hole for points. Very nice!

Comment

I think Copper hit it. I believe its a tang preform. Could be a made into a corner tang or base tang. It does appear to have edge dulling(grinding) around the base though. Very nice collection. Couple of 500 buck pieces in there.

Comment

I'm heading out to Leakey to dig in a camp along the Frio for a week during Spring Break in March. After looking over this thread, the time can't get here soon enough!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                    I'm heading out to Leakey to dig in a camp along the Frio for a week during Spring Break in March. After looking over this thread, the time can't get here soon enough!!
                    Was it that monster base tang lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                      Was it that monster base tang lol
                      That and many others. Love that beautiful rootbeer flint out that way!!

Comment

I'm always glad to see the thread back to the top. Here are some of my latest finds.

Comment

Originally posted by T/Chmr View Post
                          These where all found in Lampasas county, west of town about 22 miles, near Bend
                          Our old lease was out that way. We were 6-7 miles east of the Colorado river but that must've been a good area for indians to camp. There is no telling what all is in the ground around close to the river itself. What I wouldn't give to go artifact hunting on a ranch that had some Colorado river frontage.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392235634.025397.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	24286132any ideas on these? The bigger triangle has a crazy bevel.

Comment

TTT for an ID...

Comment

Stickman, those are a little out of my area but they appear to all be Mississippian. True archery points from 300 to 1500 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X